Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The Spider-Man community is ridiculously toxic. MCU stans and Raimi fanboys are so obnoxiously hard set on "their" version of the character being the definitive version and any other take is objectively wrong to them

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Which is wild 'cause obviously ASM2 is the definitive version.

SpyKi, RyanPm40 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol seriously. Any time I do give criticism outside of here, I make sure to say that art is subjective, I'm totally fine and happy others enjoyed it, etc, but you still get your eye rolls and attacks over it.

Just hate people who think if you don't find something 100% perfect, you're publicly crucifying the thing and must hate it, even when you say it was still pretty good with some fun moments.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Said it for years; ASM2 is a beautiful film. It’s flawed yes, but so is real life. We as a society and moviegoers overanalyze everything. Every moment has to be perfectly timed, every piece of dialogue has to be damn near poetry, everything has to be perfect, or internet culture group thinks it. ASM2 is beautiful

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, isn't this just how the internet works? The same thing happens right here. If you make a post that goes against the popular opinion of this thread, you get a ton of condescending remarks.

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

AndrewSoup, ECV, Greg and 4 others like this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Director And Kevin Feige On The Multiverse, Biggest Twists, And Post-Credits Scenes
    Kevin Feige on what's next for Spider-Man in the MCU.

Spider-Man has been in Iron Man's shadow for a while now, but we can expect that to change moving forward. "In the spoiler territory of the end of the movie, we return [Peter] back to New York. And we return to the fun of how awesome is to see Spider-Man swinging around New York," he says.

"We return to a new classic version of J. Jonah Jameson that we haven’t seen in many films, and yet, in a totally different, new context. And at the same time, charting new ground for [Spider-Man] with, his identity is out there. Which has never been done before in the movies. One was [Tony Stark’s] choice, one was against [Peter’s] will. That’s the difference. That was the difference."

Moving forward, he says, "It’ll be fun to see Spidey back in his element, out of the shadow of Tony, out of the shadow of the other Avengers, as his own man now, as his own hero. And yet now facing his own challenges that aren’t coming from Avengers fighting, like Civil War, or aliens coming, like Infinity War or Endgame. It’s all Peter focused and Peter based."

BackyardHero11 and Mrplum5089 like this.
  9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah it wasn’t perfect but it was really enjoyable for me. It was pretty hammy at times, but I kind of liked that as a sort of epilogue after endgame. Mysterio is so perfect for a movie it almost would have been hard to fuck up

10. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I really enjoyed this! Also, a lot of these criticisms are valid! I think kraven could work really well in the next one, would be nice to see some bigger consequences due to petes idiot choices in these movies.

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Saw this over the week. The Mysterio mind control scene was amazing.

BackyardHero11 and Mrplum5089 like this.
  12. Tim

I don't really trust "out of the shadow of Tony," "all Peter focused and Peter based" to mean the same same thing to these creatives that it means to me. And, the whole identity reveal thing is still worrisome to me.

Still, there's this unjustifiably hopeful part of me that wants to believe I'll be more into the next film than I've been into the rest of MCU Spidey.

awakeohsleeper and Mrplum5089 like this.
  13. Tim

Also, I really think I'd hate the MCU version of Kraven. A villain who's not tech based could help w/ those tedious Iron Man vibes, & I mostly liked Vulture, but I dunno. I'd be more into non-MCU Sony finding a place for him. I guess Jameson hiring Kraven could work? Eh.

Jameson w/ Scorpion and/or Spider-Slayer(s) is still my ideal pick for the next film.

oncenowagain and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. RyanPm40

Yeah and they already setup scorpion at the end of Homecoming so they have to use him eventually right? But then again, this is the MCU we're talking about

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really liked it. Fun movie. Mysterio was cool. Yuuupp.

Also the worst audience I've maybe ever sat in? Dude in front of my answered his phone multiple times. Kid next to me took his shoes off. I finally got up and found an empty handicap seat and everything was good, but god damn do I hate people

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I liked the movie.

Zendaya is the best

RyanPm40, ChaseTx and imthesheriff like this.
  17. RyanPm40

Yeah I hate people. I literally had a guy sit next to me right before FFH started and he smelled like fish. It was pretty gross. Could smell it the entire movie. I kept looking at him confused because he was just eating popcorn. Maybe a fisherman or something, idfk.

It was a surprisingly empty theater. I should have just moved haha.

imthesheriff likes this.
  18. Just watched the movie again, loved it just as much as the first time I watched it.

19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Enjoyed this more than homecoming and possibly Endgame. But I also like the Amazing Spiderman movies more than Tobe so I'm shunned lol

20. Did this get posted yet? I remember when this guy first started working on these. Pretty cool

21. RyanPm40

So cool. I remember seeing someone do something like that but it was with magnets and not as clean as this

22. Dodge725

Trusted

Haven’t seen many talk about the 2nd Post-Credits. Anyone else thinking they’re setting up SWORD? With Guardians 3 and Captain Marvel 2 for sure coming, that would be an interesting way to have Earth go more cosmic too. Plus Abigail Brand would be neat to see on screen.

Alba and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If anything I think it’s setting up Secret Invasion

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

On this site that’s at least close to consensus, I feel like the only ardent Tobey/Raimi defender

RyanPm40 likes this.