Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I don't understand the need to take characters who are very clearly based on real ones but giving them different names. Seems weird, but it doesn't really bother me or detract from the films

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Seems like they're unnecessarily trying to limit the anger from angry unfuckables who probably mostly won't see it anyway

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

That's what I was thinking. Trying to appease the racists who will scream "MARY JANE SHOULD BE WHIITE", as if those people aren't already angry for the same reason just because they're calling her MJ.

Doesn't really explain Ned/Ganke, though

4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I would love if there was a scene in this one where she reveals her name is actually really Mary just to hear the fuckers yell and get booed out TBH

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I assumed it’s because Michelle Jones is a more common name in Brooklyn than Mary Jane. Watts has been trying to get an accurate representation of Brooklyn since he started writing Homecoming.

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wut

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I said I assumed it’s because Michelle Jones is a more common name in Brooklyn than Mary Jane. Mary Jane sounds very much like a 60s - 90s white girl name.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, well aware. The question is, what does that even mean?

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It means that I wouldn’t be surprised if they modernized the character’s name to better fit a Brooklyn student in 2017.

currytheword likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know just as many Michelle’s as I do Mary’s

11. RyanPm40

Dunno who Charles Murphy is, but saw this circulating around

12. I'd suggest avoiding 4chan for .. oh ... ever. But that's just me.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ve learned to question people who go on 4chan. Reddit is a bit different depending on what subs the individual subscribes to but 4chan altogether is a filthy place in every forum.

That being said, I’ll probably go to r/marvelstudiosspoilers later because after Endgame I don’t really care if I’m spoiled regarding the MCU.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

Yeah the only people I ever knew to go on 4chan were a few kids I knew during middle school/early high school haha I can't believe that garbage site still exists

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

And....ehh

16. RyanPm40

Favorite trailer so far. Love seeing the humor of MJ terrified after him swinging and Ned and MJ's exchange at the end there

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea how they managed to make a poster worse than the first movie but they did it.

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The other posters were nicer but yea, they all look like bad deodorant ads.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Fury and Mysterio's heads at the bottom:crylaugh:

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s only the imax so I’m fine

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Not sure how much else could be spoiled about this movie. The trailers have totally deflated how much I would want to see it... Sony really messed up.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

easily one of the worst posters I've ever seen haha. I go from praising how amazing the new Once Upon A Time In Hollywood poster is and calling for more like that, and then the universe gave me this... haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

...i like it lol

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wonder why they had Zendaya dye her hair red now, but not while they were filming?