Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

The bromance with Spidey and Torch deserves a movie

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

JB as JJ would kill

Mrplum5089 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Subbing

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wonder how the marketing for the film will be if Marvel still wants the audience to think Peter is dead before Avengers 4 is released.

6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Well, they have a movie coming out, a full title, etc. I think it's clear he'll survive. I suspect they'll act like nothing happened in Avengers as to not spoiler how or when he comes back.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You'd be hard pressed to find someone truly caught off guard by Peter coming back after Infinity War.

The biggest thing the trailer could end up revealing, to be honest, is the fate of Tony Stark. Who, come on, is 100% gonna die in Avengers 4. That should be obvious at this point, lol. But, people who aren't already assuming this will probably start assuming so once we're into the Far From Home marketing cycle.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I know he's coming back but some of the casual audience doesn't. Releasing a trailer on social media for a new film will allow even the casual audience who doesn't keep up with spoilers know that Peter is coming back.

9. Tim

My mom is in her 70s and doesn't care about superheroes for the most part (though she did watch Wonder Woman on DVD 'cause she liked the old show), and she knows these action heroes often don't stay dead.

I'm sure there are random isolated people here and there who don't know how this kinda thing works. But, among people who actually cared enough to see Infinity War and enough of the movies going into Infinity War to enjoy it, on a macro scale, people know Peter isn't gone.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m happy with this because I want Nick Fury to still be active with the Avengers after phase 3 (still a little bummed that he wasn’t in Civil War).

CarpetElf and Davjs like this.
  12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Sam Jackson was there. He was just there so fast you missed him.

justin. likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Could just be an illusion caused by Mysterio

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I can't believe I've never heard of Hydro-Man before

Or at least I completely forgot about his existence because he was definitely in the 90s cartoon I was obsessed with

16. justin. Sep 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 30, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Jonathan likes this.
  17. Greg

I don’t think that character was officially confirmed. Even if he was, that kind of photo should be in a link. It’s not officially released.

18. RyanPm40

Why does it matter?

19. Greg

Beyond the fact that it’s the forum policy?

20. Tim

As resident complainer-about-stupid-spoiler-culture-nonsense... That set photo should be linked to, not embedded. That's fair.

21. RyanPm40

I guess I've rarely seen anyone really follow that and it kinda baffles me that people consider something like that to be a spoiler, but to each their own I suppose

22. Greg

Yea, I’m not saying people shouldn’t talk about it or anything.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Greg

I see it followed almost all the time. Maybe it’s the specific threads I go to? I dunno.

But I’m for people getting to choose what they see or don’t see before something is released. Dropping it in like that doesn’t allow anyone to decide anything.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I removed the photo

Greg likes this.
  25. Greg