Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. GBlades

Trusted

What the fuck has happened to this thread?

xapplexpiex likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not sure, but I 100% want to see this thread write a Spiderman movie now after all of that.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

wait until you see my script for the spider punk story

RyanPm40 and Tim like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s possible if Sony has the ability to make an animated Miles by Marvel can do a live action Miles. I don’t know how the character is negotiated between the two studios.

But Spider-Man 3 will come out in 2021 and Tom will still be young. I don’t know if they’ll kill him off. Maybe retire if it was to happen in phase 5.

5. Peter Parker will still be in movies after I die.

Nick, justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Absolutepunk has some sports journalist come out of it so now it’s only right chorus has a screenwriter come out of it.

7. RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. tvck

Trusted

Spider-man fanfic coming in hot and spicy.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The trailer barely feels like a Spider-Man movie but I'm sure it'll be fun

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This really bothers me too and is yet another reason why I continuously circle back to my frustrations with the live action depictions of Peter Parker. Marvel is trying so hard to differentiate from both the Raimi films and the Webb films that it feels like they’re even averse to allowing him to websling freely around New York because that’s something we’ve already seen. At this point I’m expecting that the third film will take place underwater.

Nick, Tim and Why Bother? like this.
  11. Dodge725

Trusted

While I agree the elementals are probably illusions, it’d be cool if they were actually Hydro-Man and Sandman.

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

They won't kill Peter, and they shouldn't.

In the comics right now, Miles is in mainline continuity. When he was brought over (in the aftermath of Hickman's Secret Wars), they essentially retconned it so that he's always existed alongside a living Peter. A Spider-Man Annual last year gave him a new "uncle Ben" experience in place of Peter (I wanna say it was a classmate of his?), so that he'd have a reason to take on the mantle.

I imagine they'll take their time with Miles in the MCU. Get a full trilogy of Peter in high school, spend some time with him in college, and then, once they start itching to have high school Spidey again, bring Miles into the picture then. But, Peter ain't going anywhere.

I've watched the story here and there on YouTube (forget how far I am right now), since I'm not into investing in a video game right now but was curious. And, a decision that they made with Miles' father was really bad. Him having both of his parents is a pretty important distinction from Peter. Even Bendis, after killing Miles' mom in the comics, used Secret Wars as an excuse to fix that mistake. Killing Jeff was bad. So, that alone would keep me from saying "perfect."

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I thought the international trailer was a much better trailer overall.

I have not watched Homecoming yet, but it is so weird to me that they have Marissa Tomei (!!!) as Aunt May. I know they aged everybody down, but its still crazy to me. Crazy.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I'm no where near knowledgeable in the Spidy comics so I had no idea which origin was more on point, the game or Into the Spider verse. I can see your point and agree, I guess what I love so much about the story in the game is how emotional it is how all the pieces fall into place. Jeff works with Spider man earlier on in the game and you really get to know him. He keeps bringing up how big a fan his kid is and then when Miles is shown down the line, it's a "ah ha" moment if you don't know the comics or knew it was coming. I think getting to know Jeff so well before Miles is even introduced gave a lot of weight to what ends up happening. You also get to play as Miles a few times before he gets powers to show he's got that hero in him as a regular kid. I really liked all that aspect.

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What?!

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This certainly looks like an MCU movie

17. BackyardHero11 Jan 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2019)
    BackyardHero11

Trusted

edit: hit reply with the quote before typing my reply haha

totally fair. and I respect that. I can't say that I've fully kept up with the comics. I pop in here and there, wasn't a huge fan of "peter stark". if they kept peter, fine. it's just a story I'd like to see on screen personally. the ultimate run from the start to the death of peter was the run that got me back into comics. and then I really enjoyed the fallout and start to Miles' story. (though i'll say I enjoyed how they did his origin in Spider-verse more than the original comic.)

so if they did it and pulled it off in a fantastic way, I'd be super stoked on it. but I'm there opening night for every spider-man movie regardless. (save for Spider-Verse my friends delayed me on that. jerks.)

and don't get me wrong, it's not like if they don't kill off Peter that i'll be like "fuck the MCU" or anything hahah

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The elemental villains may indeed actually be Sandman, Hydroman and Moltan Man based on Easter eggs found in the trailer.

In the shots with Nick Fury and Maria shooting at the sand creature, there is a license plate that begins with 463 which could be referencing Amazing Spider-Man #4 in 1963, which was the first appearance of Sandman.

Shortly after with the shot that featured the fiery elemental, another license plate on the London bridge reads 2865 SEP, which is not something you’d typically see in the UK. It could be a nod to Amazing Spider-Man #28 in 1965 which was the debut of Moltan Man.

Then when Peter and friends arrive in Venice and Betty is taking a photo of Ned, you’ll see a boat with ASM 212 written on the side. Amazing Spider-Man #212 happens to be the debut of Hydro Man.

Maybe we’re getting trolled or maybe we’re getting Sandman and Mysterio in the same film.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Re: replacing MCU Peter with Miles, I wonder how Miles figures into the Sony-Disney deal. Sure Donald Glover was able to play Aaron Davis in Homecoming and had an offhand reference to his "nephew," but now with Spider-Verse being a huge hit and Sony revving up the milking machine in response, I have to assume that Sony will want to hang on to Miles as tightly as possible. This is of course assuming that Miles joining the MCU in the future wasn't already part of the deal. Not sure we'll be seeing a live-action Miles any time soon if that's the case.

20. GBlades

Trusted

Peter Parker's Spider-Man is arguably Marvels most famous character, I really doubt that they will change that to Miles shortly with a potential new Avengers line-up and series of movies coming forward after a host of new deals and spotlights are now on them. Unless they do a Champions series, I'd be down for that.

21. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

After Infinity War I remember thinking that, if they started Endgame with a significant time jump, they could use that as an opportunity to showcase that someone else in New York had taken up the mantle in the interim. That way, even though Endgame will undo everything that happened at the end of Infinity War and we’d go back in time, we could at least rest assured that Miles was not only out there but that we’d get to see him some day.

They won’t do that though.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Unless Miles was snapped out of existence too.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Speaking of Infinity War/Endgame, if I hear one more person say something about this movie spoiling Endgame...

My non-nerd mom, in her 70s, could tell you these characters are returning. It's how these kinda serialized adventures have worked for the past century.

Humanity can be dumb sometimes, lol.

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Eh, I thought Fury was a minor spoiler.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

I knew the second Black Panther faded away that this was not going to stick at all. Disney of all companies wouldn't just let a billion dollars fade away just for a shock at the end of a movie lol

slimfenix182 likes this.