Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

They should just use Venom to fill their Spiderman gap.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Untold Tales of Spider-Man writer Kurt Busiek knows what's up.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Tim

This popped up in my feed 'cause comics people I follow liked it. I don't know the artist, but this illustration rules so hard.

4. Tim

At the risk of turning this into the "Tim shares tweets he saw about Spider-Man" thread... I liked this Gail Simone thread about the character:

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Great thread. Gave it a RT from the Spidey account.

Tim likes this.
  6. I just finished spectacular Spider-Man and I HATE how it ends. Ugh.

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone preordered Spider-Man for PS4 yet? I really want the pre order bonus suits but, man, I need to really be interested in a game to drop $60 and I’m on the fence with some of the gameplay videos I saw.

Christian Romero likes this.
  8. Tim

I've entertained the idea of getting a PS4 solely because of that game, tbh.

With time and funds, I'm gonna pass for now, but someday, I'll definitely have to hit it up. I never really play those kind of games, but... It looks so purely Spider-Man.

Jason Tate and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m definitely gong to get that game, it looks awesome to me and I love those types of game worlds when done well. The main thing I’m toying with is, do I need to get that DLC straight away or wait a while for it.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

If you don’t have the money now to preorder, I’ve heard from multiple sources that all of the suits in the game are unlockable through challenges/achievements or something. Might even be more rewarding that way, and you won’t need to worry about dropping $$$ on it right away.

oakhurst likes this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

Still pretty excited for this, the world looks pretty rich. Only concern is the game length, hope it's not a short-ish game and we can actually have some time with this.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I have the money, I just want to wait until after the game is released and hear how other's have liked it before I buy it. If it's only like a 10 hour game then I don't want to spend $60 on it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah that's my concern; game length. New games these days have a great story but you can't really delve into it for 100 hours (unless it's the Witcher/Skyrim). Has the potential for so many hours but hopefully doesn't fall short on that.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. Tim

What we can see in those photos might be salvaged with a better picture and a fishbowl added. But, if you just showed me that, I wouldn't know that it was Mysterio.

Shouldn't be that hard to get this right...

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have a feeling that the fish bowl is going to be rarely used and won’t be worn in battle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it has some sort of surveillance and/tracker in it and Mysterio only uses it occasionally to find certain people.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Tim

Probably true, definitely awful. *sigh*

20. How 'Maximum Carnage' Paved the Way for Tom Hardy's 'Venom'
    1993: the height of the comic book bubble, a time when collectors were convinced that each No. 1 issue or special event could be worth untold thousands if they bought a copy and faithfully kept it stored in plastic sleeves and cardboard backing.

It was also the year Marvel Comics took advantage of that hunger for event storytelling and unleashed “Maximum Carnage,” a tale told weekly across all the Spider-Man titles that at the time was the biggest Spidey crossover event ever. It was the brainchild of editor Danny Fingeroth, who oversaw the growing roster of Spider-Man books the company published.

Kingjohn_654 and Deanna like this.
  21. Tim

9BCE92B8-FC9E-4C3D-B29D-55B5E7477F38.jpeg

Upcoming all-ages series. First issue is out November 28. Written by Delilah Dawson, who's work I haven't read, but if you're a Star Wars fan, she's done some work for their books.

Some good Spider titles coming up in the Marvel universe proper, but I'm really excited for this separate continuity published by IDW. A self-contained, strictly monthly series w/ Peter, Miles, & Gwen together, without any prior continuity. If it's allowed to last, it could be a great entry series for new comic readers the way Ultimate Spider-Man was back in the day (albeit skewing a tad younger, which is a good thing).

Man, I hope all the kids who love Into the Spider-Verse get into comics w/ this.

Christian Romero likes this.
  22. This looks really awesome! I'm gonna have to check it out.

Tim likes this.
  23. First issue of Ghost Spider was good!

Christian Romero and Tim like this.
  24. Tim

I'm trade-waiting Ghost Spider, but I read some preview pages online and thought it looked great. While I'm glad the character's creators were able to stick with the series for a long time, I'm really glad they relaunched with a woman at the helm.

Feels good to have more good Spider-content than one can keep up with!

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

SUB.

I’m still going through Ultimate Spider-Man.(30 issues left)

going to start Miles Ultimate Spider-Man, new Spider-Girls and Ghost Spider all at the same time. I’m hyped.