Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My favorite is one where he buys fake poop at a flea market and freaks out his family. That's literally the whole story.

Penlab likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The new Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr. was so good. This is what I hoped the run after Slott left would feel like. Feels great to actively care about new ASM issues for the first time as a comics-reading adult.

OwainGlyndwr and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

How long does it usually take for new issues to show up on Marvel Unlimited? I'm seeing January as the latest issue from Wells :concerned:

4. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I have been trudging through the Nick Spencer run the last couple months just hoping there’d be light at the end of the tunnel. Super excited to hear this.

5. Tim

I believe it’s three months? So you’ve got a couple months before the “Beyond” era (which is good) is on there in full, and then in another month this will drop on there.

My official stance on the Spencer run is that no one really needs to read it ever again, lol. Just a whole bunch of nothing without any meaningful payoffs to justify how long it took to get there.

OwainGlyndwr and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

One of the most haunting Ito stories…

7. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Yeah, I get you. I don't hate Nick Spencer, I don't think he's a terrible writer, whatever. There were some promising plot threads in this run, as well as some cool ideas and character moments. But ultimately it's a garbled mess—I don't really understand what happened and I don't care enough to find out. I'm glad I read it just for continuity/completionist reasons, but I won't be going back (whereas I could just constantly read and reread Dan Slott's run and love it every time).

8. Tim

60 years ago today, Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-Man first appeared in the Steve Ditko & Stan Lee anthology comic Amazing Fantasy #15.

B58553FD-A832-4725-993B-2E2C244FDDF0.jpeg

E3330F24-359D-4830-B75A-DBC83B1D8703.jpeg

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Rumors are now that Andrew has signed on Secret Wars and that there are negotiations for ASM3…with a catch. Andrew wants Marvel Studios to produce.

RyanPm40 and oncenowagain like this.
  10. Tim

I have trouble believing that a sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man films is gonna happen for a variety of reasons… but, yeah, sure, I’d watch it!

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Here’s to hoping we can get an established villain if the camera ever does starts rolling.

ATJ’s Kraven would be awesome. I’d love to see Aaron and Andrew face off as leads.

12. Tim

All I’d want from another Andrew Garfield Spidey flick is for him to be a subtextual bisexual disaster.

If Marvel Studios is involved, pairing him with Michael B Jordan’s Johnny Storm would be an amazing, spectacular, sensational, superior, ultimate, tangled web, etc., way to accomplish this, but the damn cowards would never do that.

13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

My four year-old daughter has been watching Spidey and his Amazing Friends for the last year. She loves Ghost Spider so much that she decided to be her for Halloween. Given that my son has shown little interest in superheroes so far, my daughter’s vested interest - particularly in the Spider-Verse - makes me very happy. She always likes to run around and pretend she’s Ghost Spider so I turned to Etsy to ensure she got a sleek costume that fits her well. It arrived today and she wanted to put it on immediately. I think she and I are equally happy.

ED5CC1A3-A9BB-402D-AF21-FFEC68AA1C05.jpeg

14. Tim

That is the most adorable Ghost Spider I have ever seen.

RyanPm40 and Nyquist like this.
  15. Nyquist

Me watching her run around in her costume excitedly pretending to web sling.

[​IMG]

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, that is ridiculously cute!

Nyquist likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Between the pose, the picture quality, and the costume that’s just an incredible family picture to have

smowashere and Nyquist like this.
  18. Nyquist

My hope is that she remains a lifelong fan and can one day whip this picture out to her likeminded friends. “This is when I was four.” She came out of the womb way cooler than me. This is a video I took of her recently kicking my son’s ass at Street Fighter. The look she gives at the very end is everything.

19. Tim

Sony calling everyone up and asking them if any of their obscure Marvel properties have an appealing premise… is honestly pretty great, lol. None of this matters or is pure, so just have some dumb fun with it and slap that Marvel logo on top.

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

May as well. And have him also be Prowler in the MCU.

Penlab likes this.
  22. Tim

Interesting that they're saying it doesn't star "Peter Parker," which is traditionally still that Spider-Man's name. Wonder what they'll do to reimagine the character.

Still just wanna hear more about the Silk show! And, eager for the first official look at this year's Kraven the Hunter film.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Rewatched the Raimi trilogy on Disney+. Spider-Man 2 is still one of the best cbm of all time imo. The theme, villain, story, all balanced to near perfection.

Spider-Man 1 is still great, but for some reason it hasn’t aged as well. Idk if it’s the camera they used or what but it looks like a film from the 90s when it comes to color and lighting.

Spider-Man 3 is still good, it’s just that the editing is kind of wacky, but what can you do when it’s overstuffed.

24. brothemighty

Trusted

I think this is my favorite Spider-Man suit... ever

[​IMG]

Still burns me that the closest we got in the PS5 game was this shit:

[​IMG]

disambigujason likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some new Marvel/Sony film release dates.
    • Untitled Marvel/Sony Film (July 12, 2024)
    • Untitled Marvel/Sony Film (November 8, 2024)
    • Untitled Marvel/Sony Film (June 27, 2025)
    Obviously 2 of them are Venom 3 and Spider-Man 4.