Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm reserving all judgment on Sony produced Spidey-stuff until I see how Venom turns out. I have a bad feeling about it.

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm super skeptical of the validity of this, but if true, OH MY GOSH YES.

Whalejaw and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Deadline is pretty reliable in my experience, so it might just be a matter of Sony actually sticking with it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’ve loved everything about Silk since she was introduced. Wish she was a more active player in the Spider-books.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

thats a good article

Kingjohn_654 and justin. like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sony is just throwing shit at the wall now

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Clearly going to be the article that gets thousands of views.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Tim

Morbius film: good idea.

Jared Leto: bad idea.

These are both undeniable truths.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The only good that could come from this is that Jared stops playing the Joker and that’s stretching the word “good”.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  14. Tim

I'm still waiting for past Spider-Men to join the cast.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. I'd do it for like no money.

oakhurst, Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  16. Tim

I'll even voice Spidercide if I have to.

7681C6FF-692E-46F8-B528-900F7C3F32F5.jpeg

oakhurst and Jason Tate like this.
  17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I approve of this thread.

I stopped reading ASM after the Clone Conspiracy, but I plan to hop back on. I heard about a Red Goblin and now I’m interested. I have a bunch of recent Venom trades and they’re on my to-read pile.
    Spider-Woman is one of my favorite Marvel series and Spider-Gwen is one of my favorite characters. For Peter’s stories, it’s really hit-or-miss with me.

Kingjohn_654 and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Tim

The best Peter Parker material right now is in Chip Zdarksy's Spectacular Spider-Man and Jody Houser's Renew Your Vows. Also, the final Dan Slott issue, #801 w/ Marcos Martin on art, was very good.

I'm personally not looking forward to the Nick Spencer relaunch, in spite of loving Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Spidergeddon seems like it could be fun, though. I'll probably pull that. And, Saladin Ahmed is writing an annual out in, I think, September that's set during the original Black Costume Saga, which could be great.

xapplexpiex and Jason Tate like this.
  19. Tim

Also helped create Doctor Strange, Squirrel Girl, and The Question.

Much of what I love about Spidey I credit to Stan Lee and John Romita Sr, but there wouldn't be a Spider-Man without Ditko. His design for the character is timeless and perfect, and wouldn't have worked with Jack Kirby. Mysterio likewise has a fantastic design, as do many of the characters he created in his 30-something issues on ASM.

His time with the character had a weird kind of angst and energy to it that's neat to read. I maintain that the series got better and more like the character we all know when Romita took over, but no denying the artistry of his work.

Too bad he became an Ayn Rand obsessed cartooning recluse in his old age. From what I've seen, he could still draw.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Wow. That sucks big time. His art will never cease to fill me with wonder.

21. Tim

91F5C741-E23F-4915-A6E6-5221F92F3EE2.jpeg
    DB7A205B-76E1-46F9-9AB8-B7DF9E4B74B4.jpeg
    3986933D-3B4C-4B8F-9690-5E1ED81B6148.jpeg

22. Tim

23. The crazy thing about Ditko is how well he nailed that Spidey costume design the first time around. Look at other characters' first costumes, from Batman to Daredevil. They're not made to last.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

xapplexpiex and Jason Tate like this.
  25. Tim

I'm honestly really into the name "Ghost Spider." I'd personally consider it an upgrade. Wonder if they bring her into the 616 universe or keep her where she's at; I wouldn't mind seeing her hanging out w/ Miles in 616 NYC.

They're also putting out a new "Superior Octopus" series: DOC OCK Gets SUPERIOR Again for New Title This October

I'm guessing we'll finally get our Miles comic announcement at SDCC, too. Hopefully without messing with his costume or mantle, which the Enter the Spider-Verse film will hopefully help protect.