Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Also in the realm of bad opinions: I've never really liked the Lizard. Maybe I just don't get him. But the character just seems really tired to me at this point.

2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I just love the relationship between Conners and Peter and how it affects Peter's sympathy for Lizard. Similar to Harry Osborne in a way.

Partly makes me think a standalone Lizard movie without Spider-Man might not work as well as I'd like, though

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You asking for recent Spider-books outside of ASM, or some classic Spider-Man stuff from further than 5 years ago?

Either way, there's a ton linked to at the start of this thread, but if you share a little about what kinda stuff interests you most, I can give you, like, 2-3 more specific recs to start with.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  4. OwainGlyndwr

Oh yeah, I forgot about the links at the beginning of the post. Once upon a time I planned to work my way through them, but I forgot.

That said, if you still feel like recommending anything in particular, I've particularly loved Superior Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man through the present (especially the Worldwide stuff), the Symbiote Spider-Man series that started last year, Spider-Verse, and Spider-Woman. I thought Silk was pretty good, Superior Foes was hit and miss for me, and Spider-Gwen has been good but I've had a hard time really getting into it (see my thoughts on the Lizard, probably). Oh, and Spider-Man 2099 was one of my absolute favorites.

So yeah. If there's anything in the vein of Spider-Verse/Superior Spider-Man/2099, hit me up with that recommendation. Otherwise, I'd be down for anything with Black Cat, Kraven, Venom, Miles Morales, or whatever else, if you've got any thoughts beyond the main recommendations in the top post.

Or I can just go read on my own, haha.

EDIT: Boy was I sad when Scarlet Spider ended on a cliffhanger. I would love more comics with Spider-people v. Aztec gods.

5. Tim

If you're not reading the current Venom series by Donny Cates, I highly recommend that. It's the series that started in 2018 & is still running (though paused, like everything else, due to coronavirus); the first trade is here.

If you've never read Miles Morales comics, I'd recommend starting w/ the original Bendis series, which is collected in 3 "Ultimate Collections" that are linked to in the first post. (If you're reading on Marvel Unlimited, it starts w/ the 2011 "Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man" series.)

Have you read Spider-Man: Life Story, the miniseries from last year by Chip Zdarksy & Mark Bagley, about the life of a Peter Parker who ages in real time starting in the 60s? That's a really good one.

OwainGlyndwr and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. OwainGlyndwr

Sweet, thank you for those! Haven't read any of them. After I finish the Full Circle issue (which is weird and fun), I'll get on these! Thanks again.

Tim likes this.
  7. Tim

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Christian Romero and Tim like this.
  9. Finally watched Venom and yep.. it was pretty good!

10. Tim

11. Christian Romero likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If we ever get a Tobey/Andrew/Tom crossover I’d rather it be live action instead of animated. Seeing them on screen together would be better than them just voice acting in a studio.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Tim

I dunno that those are mutually exclusive, though, especially since it'd probably just be a one-scene cameo or whatever in either case. And, since Spider-Verse is already the best Spider-Man film by a large margin, getting that proposed scene at the end would've killed me so good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If they allow it to happen in both then, yes, I agree, but if Sony only chooses 1 then I’d prefer to see it in a live action film.

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I only want to see them animated

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

If they only made spider-man movies in the style of spider-verse from now, on I would be extremely ok with that.

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Having Tom, Tobey and Andrew only appear via voice roles would be like seeing the Led Zeppelin cover bands instead of the actual band members playing again. Yeah it sounds like them but it wouldn’t be the same as seeing the actors actually interacting with each other in the same room.

Plus the animated Spider-Verse is crowded enough as-is. If they appear in a sequel that would be cool but probably nothing more than glorified cameos. A live action film with them all having either a big to medium sized roles? Guaranteed billion dollar box office.

18. Yeah but then I’d have to see Tobey in another bad movie and that’s a thing I don’t need to do. Pass.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

yeah I guess i should clarify and say i have no desire to see those three as spider-man together in any style, i just want good movies lol

20. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I thought rewatching the raimi movies would scratch the itch for spider-man recently and sweet fucking hell was it hard to watch lol. They aged like milk

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. I am 50 minutes into ‘Far from Home’ right now and I think I’m gonna have to make this a two nighter cause it’s so bad I’m just getting mad and wanna watch something else. Ugghhhhhh.

22. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

“Ladies and Gentlemen...MACY GREY!”

23. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Skip straight to the trippy mysterio scene and then hit the sheets dawg

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Tim

Secret Marvel Movie From Sony in the Works With Director S.J. Clarkson (EXCLUSIVE)

Marc Guggenheim Spider-Man Universe Heroine Jackpot For Sony Pictures – Deadline

Variety reporting that SJ Clarkson is developing a female-led Marvel film for Sony. And, theoretically unrelated, Marc Guggenheim is writing a script for a potential Jackpot movie. Clarkson worked on Jessica Jones at Netflix, & Guggenheim wrote Jackpot (& Spider-Man) in the comics (in addition Arrow on CW, of course), so that's fun stuff to be in development. I like that the Variety report suggests Madame Web as a possibility, which I really doubt is the case, lol; could see these reports being connected, or it being, like, Spider-Woman or something.

RyanPm40 likes this.