Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. Venom was a massive success at the box office though. :venom:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Venom wasn’t bad, it was decent for what it was. Now Morbius, on the other hand, who knows how that will go.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

According to Venom's Wikipedia page:

Budget $100–116 million[3]
    Box office $856.1 million[4]

'Twas also the 7th highest film of 2018 worldwide. I hate the whole box office = quality thing, seeing it come up in one of these threads earlier to talk up Spidey being in the MCU was ridiculous, but... Obviously Venom has a solid fanbase. :shrug2:

4. Tim

I'm less optimistic about Morbius on a personal level 'cause Jared Leto, & on a box office level 'cause summer release & less iconic character. But, I'm still excited to see it opening night & eagerly awaiting any word on a trailer. (Maybe w/ Joker?) But, yeah, part of me worries that underperforms & scares Sony into only trusting Spider-Men & Venom. I still wanna see Black Cat, at least.

5. I need a bye Felicia joke in the movies sorry I need it

6. Twitter takes on this Spidey stuff is bad. I’m excited to see what Sony does with Holland’s Spider-Man. I think he does well as Peter and Spidey, just him being part of the MCU as a whole was most of my beef.

Also still cautiously hoping for more Spectacular Spider-Man.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Jared Leto was the worst part of BR 2049

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been slowly making my way through the non-MCU Spidey movies. Liked the first two Raimi films more than I remembered. I don’t think I had even rewatched them. Download d the third and bought the ASM movies inn prime day so I think eventually I’m just going to watch through everything including rewatching the MCU ones. Maybe FFH will be available on digital by the time I get to it.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Silver Sable movie would have been perfect for that lol

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tim likes this.
  11. Tim

Love that bonkers design. Like a mix of 90s Doppelganger, Spider-Carnage, & Man-Spider.

12. Tim

The new Spider-Man miniseries written by JJ Abrams & son sounds... interesting? I dunno. I'll get the trade.

13. Lenin

Regular

It kind of sounds similar to other stories we've had before... like Spider-Man: Reign

14. Tim

Oh my gosh, Reign...
    544320DC-BE85-4F37-BC82-FD627ECE652F.jpeg

Kinda sounds to me like Spider-Girl & Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (the initial miniseries), except significantly more male. A little like the recently wrapped up Life Story, too, which I still gotta finish. And, kinda Ultimate Spider-Man?

Could be cool, especially w/ Sara Pichelli on art, but not sure I get the point of it outside of "look, we got Abrams to write something." Hope the final complete story ends up being compelling.

15. Tim

Saladin Ahmed has been doing great work w/ the character, & Damion Scott is a dope artist. Pumped for this one-shot.

I'm glad that, in addition to the main Miles series, Saladin also got to cowrite the FCBD story & write the Absolute Carnage tie-in mini, plus this one-shot. Other than that Spider-Verse mini, all Miles stuff has been going through Saladin. Really dig his voice for the character.

Deanna likes this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It's October. What are the best Spidey stories to read on Halloween?

17. Tim

Outside of Kraven's Last Hunt & Torment, which are prob way too obvious, lol...

The short graphic novel Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky has art by the late, great Bernie Wrightson, which rules.

Spider-Man: Fever is a miniseries costarring Doctor Strange w/ some really wild, trippy art.

Spider-Gwen #13 is a fun haunted house story w/ her reality's take on Mysterio.

Also, um, anything w/ Mysterio, Venom, Carnage, and/or Hobgoblin probably works at least kinda, lol.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

82E03E63-0A55-4BF1-A8A8-103DCBB792BB.jpeg

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Tim

20. that Scarlet Spider costume, with the blue hoodie, is probably my all time favorite Spider-Man costume. I love the bulky web cartridges, and I wear a hoodie every day, so it fits!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

19825466-366B-41A1-BE1F-164C54373476.jpeg

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Tim

oncenowagain and justin. like this.
  24. Tim

The first 5 min of this have some fun Spider-Man tidbits. The guy in this episode was one of the stunt doubles in the ASM films (which, they accidently credit both as just the first one), & also a stunt coordinator for Homecoming. Really dug his small contribution to cinematic Spidey web-slinging.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Tim

New series launching in June, from Joe Kelly & Chris Bachalo. More Spidey drawn by Bachalo is never a bad thing.

(Also, on an unrelated note, I updated the first post w/ links to the Venom 2, Morbius, & Spider-Verse sequel threads.)

OwainGlyndwr and Deanna like this.