Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Christian Romero likes this.
  2. :miles::spidey4:

Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I really hope that Jen Bartel someday illustrates at least one full issue of Spidey interiors. She's so good & so perfect for these characters.

RyanPm40 and ghostedaway like this.
  4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

She's definitely my favorite artist right now

Tim likes this.
  5. Tim

6. I forgot how much I like that Ben Reilly suit!

Tim and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. Rewatching the 90’s Spider-Man Animated Series and it still holds up pretty well!

8. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I want to jump into this thread and participate but I'm also wary of spoilers lol. Just started Nick Spencer's run.

Also finally picked up the last tpb for Spider-Man 2099; excited to get some conclusion to that.

Also still kinda steamed that there's no more Scarlet Spider solo stuff (as far as I know) because that Aztec god arc was promising to be really cool.

Lenin and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Well then...

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Mixed feelings here. Does that mean even though Tom Holland is still in the films, there can be zero references to MCU characters and past events?

12. I guess so? That could be good I think but could also feel weird with how much MCU has been in the Holland movies.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

Yeah, on one hand, I'm cool with the MCU formula going away from these movies and having Peter be his own hero.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how that would work in the current established films. That huge cliffhanger at the end of FFH feels like Peter needs some intervention from SHIELD or Dr. Strange. Should be interesting what they do from here.

14. It’ll definitely be interesting to see. I think this could either be great or the next Spidey movie flops and we get a fourth reboot haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Does this mean we could potentially get a season three to Spectacular Spider-Man?

16. Tim

A sequel to that overrated hit Far From Home, starring America's sweetheart Tom Holland, isn't going to flop based on whether or not the film has the Marvel Studios logo & Kevin Feige's name. If Sony makes another crowd-pleasing popcorn adventure w/ this popular cast, general audiences will be like, "oh, cool, another one."

I really don't see this hurting them narratively either. Tony Stark is dead. Aunt May & Happy broke up. Nick Fury wasn't really there to begin with & is off doing something in space. Peter isn't close to anyone else in that world. There was already talk of the next film letting Spider-Man "be his own man" or whatever. There's really nothing in the current story that needs anything from Disney's cast to work.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Sony just wants to push their Sinister Six bit

18. RyanPm40

This is all true. I just hate his identity reveal so much that I would love some magical way to make the world forget, and I can't think of many other ways of going about it.

19. Tim

They could just make the next movie less about the fallout of it being revealed/confirmed & more about the fallout of the accusation. End the film w/ his name being cleared & Jonah making a public statement of some sort. I mean, why not.

Christian Romero and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Man, people are mad on the internet about this

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Understandable. A lot of the recent Spider-man fans have grown attached to seeing Peter interact with the avengers and now it may not happen again because of corporate greed.

22. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

We all remember the clusterfuck Sony had planned for the Spider-Man films / character arc?

Hoping Disney/Marvel/Sony come to an agreement. The character's in good hands in the MCU, and the Spider-verse is in good hands with Sony.

23. Tim

I really hoped that Into the Spider-Verse being a universally acclaimed, award-winning, flawless comic book film, & Venom being a big financial success w/ a great lead, would kill the absurd anti-Sony narrative. But, nope, of course not.

24. RyanPm40

Lots of people disliked Venom. So, one good movie doesn't really change the studio's track record haha.

That being said, I don't really want an MCU Spidey. I'd just rather they wipe the slate clean and be done with this iteration than try and tip toe around the established universe Holland was a part of for 5 films

disambigujason likes this.