Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. Another Ghost Spider reboot? I didn’t even read the first 6 of the last one yet lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The same creative team, too, I think?

They should just commit to the 90s Venom strategy of miniseries w/ clear story subtitles, one after another, forming essentially a monthly series w/ organic, not-confusing regular #1s. (But, then give the trades vol #s so that someone walking in Barnes & Noble or on Amazon will know how to follow along w/out research.) Shouldn't be that hard.

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this current spider gwen ghost spider has been really good also.

AP_Punk, RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

They should really be doing this across the board on nearly every title.

Tim and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Tim

For sure. I do think having a few ongoing titles that return to, & actually stick to, their legacy numbering would be appropriate. Like, maybe Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, & Avengers? I like that DC picked Action & Detective to have legacy numbering.

But, for all the rest, just do what they're already doing, where they keep track of the legacy number in small print below the actual number for the current run. Except, let that "current run" be a miniseries. Anywhere from, like, 3 or 4 issues to a full 12. Maybe even the occasional one-shot mixed in? With, like I said, a story arc subtitle in the miniseries' title.

Man, I have so many opinions on how to better handle their publishing strategy, lol.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

So glad they ended Ultimate Peter's run with Bagley back. I forgot how much I hated Lafuente's art

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Yeah, the transition was jarring.

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Christian Romero likes this.

9. I don’t know why I enjoy this account but I think it’s cause random Spider-Man shots in my Instagram is fun.

10. I follow too many accounts like this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Also Spider-Man PS4 has so much detail in all of the suits I love it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Tim

A Spider-Man one-shot featuring Gerry Conway (probably my favorite Spider-Man writer), Mark Bagley, & Erik Larsen!? Yes, please!

14. Tim

JJ & his son collaborating on a comic is cool, I guess, but I'm mainly into it for the Sara Pichelli. Always hyped for more Pichelli Spidey!

15. I’m just glad we’re getting more spidey stuff either way haha. It’ll be interesting to see what JJ and his son do though!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Spider-Ham annual and true believers comic is out today.

praise be peter porker.

17. RyanPm40

Just read the Tinkerer/Vedom storyline in Spectacular Spider-Man and really enjoyed it. Pretty cool storyline. Peter having a sister and the whole Jameson dynamic was pretty wild.

JeanRalphio and Tim like this.
  18. Tim

The conversation with Jameson issue that Walta drew was so good, probably the best of the run. And, I also really liked the annual that Allred drew that centered around him. Chip's take on the character is probably my favorite.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Tim

1547B76A-1E03-465D-9F61-28E897DF53F3.jpeg
    91014E6F-2AEE-4B37-812B-89F102B9978C.jpeg

Really dug this gag, from Sensational Spider-Man (1996) #8.

Read out of my Spider-Man by Todd Dezago & Mike Wieringo trade. Pardon the less than stellar picture quality, lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

So I just read Shed again for the first time in years. Just as disturbing as I remembered.

I noticed that at the beginning of it, Aunt May is really nasty to Peter over the phone when he asks for relationship advice, and then at the very end of the 3 parter, he shows up at her house, and she starts being mean again with black dots around her head, black eyes, and talking in a black speech bubble, but then all of a sudden she's nice and hugging him on the couch.

Someone remember what was going on with her?

21. Tim

I'm hit or miss w/ recalling the era of Spidey from One More Day until Superior Spider-Man. But, maybe that was Mister Negative related?

I need to eventually do a proper read through Brand New Day, & then through The Gauntlet. I own pieces here & there, between trades & dollar back issues, but I should just invest in the Complete Collection trades when my finances get better. Always been annoyed by what that era represents, but the writer's room approach, back to basics yet modernized vision, & all star lineup of contributing artists is pretty appealing to me.

Skipping One More Day & knowing that Pete & MJ are finally dating again means I can now appreciate that era better, lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Tim

They got Tom Scioli doing Fantastic Four Grand Design, following the Piskor X-Men model, so why not do a Spider-Man one? I mean, really. Would be awesome.

23. Tim

Christian Romero likes this.

24. Seemed like a good place to share this.

25. That’s so good.

Jason Tate likes this.