Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Discussion (Official Web) Comic Book • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, May 25, 2018.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

@Tim did you read the first issue of Life Story?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Delayed response, but now I did. And, of course, LOVED it.

Bagley is such a perfect choice for artist. The story really straddles classic & modern comics in a deeply appropriate way for this premise. I like that this issue is basically a remix of the initial Romita issues that Spider-Man: Blue adapted, picking up where Ditko left off; I wonder what rereading the Ditko run & going straight into this full miniseries would feel like. And, with the decade-hopping premise, I'm really glad these issues are oversized like they are, so that Chip will have a lot of room for each era.

Also read IDW's Marvel Action: Spider-Man #2 (wish I knew why it was delayed so long), Miles Morales: Spider-Man #4, Superior Spider-Man #4, & Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #4. All very strong Spider-titles, each w/ its own distinct style & personality. :spiderman::miles:

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm excited to read that book when it hits trade. I haven't read any Marvel in months.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Tim

Good Sony news from last week: Phil Lord & Chris Miller Ink Mega Deal With Sony Pictures TV, Will Develop Spider-Man Universe TV Series – Deadline

Oscar-winning writers/directors/producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller have signed a massive five-year overall deal with Sony Pictures Television.

No one is commenting but the value of the pact is believed to be in the nine figures. Under the agreement, the duo will develop live-action comedy and drama series as well as animated shows through their Lord Miller Productions company, including a suite of TV series based on Sony’s Universe of Marvel characters, referred to as Spider-verse, which had been a priority for SPT.

More uncertain recent Sony news: Amy Pascal Exits Sony for Universal Deal

Amy Pascal is leaving her longtime home at Sony Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Under her Pascal Pictures banner, the producer has signed a first-look deal at Universal.

Pascal was coming to the end of her four-year producing pact with Sony — a deal she signed in June 2015 after stepping down as chairman of Sony's motion picture group, a position she had held for two decades.

Definitely wonder what the Pascal departure will mean for Spider-Man. Into the Spider-Verse, the Marvel Studios deal, & Venom all exist because of her. They've all been successes for Sony, so none are going anywhere anytime soon, but it'll be interesting seeing how things develop in the coming years.

Christian Romero and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. After seeing Endgame, I’m a little more excited for how Far From Home might turn out. The trailer had me go.. meh.. but I’m interested to see how endgame effects everything.

Tbh I think my biggest beef is I want Tom Holland’s Spider-Man to be a little more mature and not have someone else push him to be Spider-Man. (I’m looking at you Nick Fury)

Omni likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I bet you have to wait for the third film for that chapter of his story. Unfortunately. This Spider-Man is very interconnected with the MCU, much to the detriment of Homecoming (but at least that worked so well for Infinity War & Endgame).

Christian Romero likes this.
  7. I just read issue 310 of Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man and its pretty damn good.

Tim and Omni like this.
  8. Next up might be Silk!

9. Tim

Silk is such a great character. Was just thinking about revisiting her run the other day.

Christian Romero likes this.
  10. She’s a character I’ve never really heard of before, but I love the art in all of her comics. I’m excited to dive in!

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Reposting from @CobraKidJon in the MCU thread

EDIT

Oops, totally thought this was the Far From Home thread, but I suppose it is still relevant here!

12. Finally got my office shelf installed and now there’s a nice spider collection:

B4DA1C2C-1CD0-4F11-B32B-BF9B99ED18AF.jpeg

13. Tim

You seem to have accidentally gotten the Homecoming Spider-Man, but otherwise a super cool selection there. Spider-Men-&-Women have such consistently great costume design, dang.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  14. (It was a gift.) I also have him with the headphones.

15. I love him with the headphones! Also, I’m jealous of the Scarlet Spider Pop :crylaugh:

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

@Jason Tate Any plans to add Spider-Ham to the collection?

17. Deanna likes this.

18. Why

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Tim

Kingjohn_654, RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

This reminds me of the the times when people are like “You ever see Terminator where Skynet rises up and kills all of us in a nuclear holocaust? Or that iRobot movie where the androids rise up in self actualization and start murdering? Or The Matrix when the machines rise up and enslave humanity? Pretty crazy. Anyway, here are some videos of engineers at Boston Dynamics abusing the robots they’ve built aren’t they funny?”

21. RyanPm40

Just started reading Peter's run in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics again for the first time since highschool. God, I love these comics. Up to issue 22, right after he defeats Otto for the first time with Kraven showing up.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
    Kingjohn_654, RyanPm40 and Tim like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Okay, forgot about a super creepy storyline where adult Logan and 15 year old Peter switch bodies and Logan tries hooking up with MJ and oggles at highschool cheerleaders

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m really digging the vaperwave.

FF478B2A-5F78-45F9-8A75-BF29912835EB.jpeg

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious