Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Speak the Truth Even if Your Voice Shakes – “Go for the Throat” (Song Premiere) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2016.

1. aniafc

Trusted

"The Fire" is in my top 5 songs from them.

waterloobeam likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

For sure. The lead in the verses is incredible and I'd say it's my favorite bridge/break down from them. So brutal and dare I say epic.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  3. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This would've been boring in 2003. This band should appeal to me but it really doesn't. I need some urgency in my screamo and both of these songs being so mid-tempo just doesn't do it for me at all.

aniafc likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like saosin did this way better earlier this year

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

New saosin is so disappointing.

Bryan Diem, mattylikesfilms and TFT87 like this.
  6. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I liked the lead singles but never went back to the album once it came out. It was ok, but it wasn't something that I care about.

The first single from this band was awesome, but this one doesn't do as much for me. I don't think I enjoy the lyrics as much as the other one.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

If I may ask what was it you found disappointing about it?

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

It just doesn't do anything for me :worried: it has no lasting value. I can appreciate it instrumentally and vocally, but every time I try and revisit it it's just background noise.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

Not enough Cove

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

DUDE

Yeah.

Cove >>>>> Anthony when it comes to Saosin.

TFT87 and aniafc like this.
  12. Jared Luttrell

Regular

LIEY is catchy front to back, can't disagree. Haven't been into the more recent albums but I still come back to the first few.

TFT87 likes this.
  13. silentc

Regular

its just a lyric video they just finished filming a video for this song

14. silentc

Regular

they just finished filming a video for this song

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The Fire is better than people, including Buddy, give it credit for. It just isn't super innovative and is pretty stagnant so it's easy to throw it under the bus but it does have great songs so who cares?

Production is a joke tho

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You a fan of In Search of Solid Ground?

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Some songs, yeah. It's definitely a sophomore slump but there are probably like 5 solid jams on there.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I wouldn't say it's bad, but certainly not on par with the first Cove record. I agree that I like to Cove better as well.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'd definitely take it over the new one, as unfortunate as it is. I'd say more like 5 jams aren't super solid on ISOSG and rest is definitely pretty great

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Shadow has a few great tracks but it's boring for the most part. Also; the fact the band has been (loosely) writing music for years and this is the final product?

21. TFT87

Regular

ISOSG is awful. The self titled was amazing -- great guitar work, good production catchy hooks. In Search was such a huge step down in every area, and it's probably one of the biggest regressions in this scene. This is only heightened by the fact it took them 3 years to put it out.

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, years of writing and I only consider two songs great? Yikes. I really wished it turned out different. It feels so stagnant and detached from the sound I thought they would return to. Very sad.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally enjoy The Silver String, Ideology is Theft, The Secret Meaning of Freedom (only cause of that chorus man), Count Back From Ten, and Illusion & Control.

However even those songs minus Silver String and Ten- sound like rehash from their older material. Oh well.

24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I mean the best song, Second Guesses, is pretty re-hashy or more reimagined I guess. Sounds a lot like Mookie's which might be my favorite Saosin song.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Man, I LOVE Mookie..