Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Speak the Truth Even if Your Voice Shakes – “Go for the Throat” (Song Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Today we’ve got the premiere of Speak the Truth Even if Your Voice Shakes’s second new song. The track is called “Go for the Throat” and comes from a two-song self-titled 7” that will be coming out via Bad Timing Records.

The band will also be playing their first show on January 13th at the Constellation Room in Orange County, CA. Those details can be found below and tickets are available now.

[​IMG]

Show Information

Speak The Truth…Even If Your Voice Shakes
    January 13, 2017
    The Constellation Room
    Orange County CA
    w/ Special Guests

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I like it better than the first song, but still not a huge fan unfortunately.

IAmANightmare likes this.
  3. KTB182

Yea I'm not crazy about this or the first song. Maybe it's just me getting older and tastes changing but this is sort of boring.

4. doubledribble

Regular

Did they really recycle the video from the first song?

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Doesn't sound bad. This would have been HUGE in 2003.

Anticitizen7 likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I liked Crash My Car but this is worse IMO.

Also they did totally re-use the last video. 8( anything they should have reused the recording videos.

7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Pretty nice track, liked it better than Crash My Car.

8. arcarsenal72

As a big fan of older Senses Fail, older Finch, and all things 2003 era... I'm really digging it. Really looking forward to the full release.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  9. BleedingDodgerBlue

So what are they going to play at their show? Just two songs? Or are the going to play a mix of Senses Fail / Finch songs?

10. aniafc

Trusted

I'm sure they have more songs they haven't released yet. More songs will also probably be released between now and January.

But yeah, I'd expect a few songs from SF, maybe Finch too.

11. robargarthan

Just not into this at all. Sounds like something off of LINAWR or The Fire which imo are Senses Fail's two worst albums.

TFT87 likes this.
  12. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Both songs are rad. Will hopefully catch the first show at the observatory.

13. Davjs

Trusted

*LIEY and Thrones. Waiting Room and Fire have some of their best songs.

The song is pretty good. Crash got better with repeats listens for me. I'm just excited to have new music from everyone involved in this band.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I'd be interested in seeing Buddy do What it is to Burn or New Beginnings .

15. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Sounds like a Senses Fail regression, and can't even tell Finch is a part of it...and I've been a fan of both for 15 years.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wonder what they will end up playing. They've only released two songs.

17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

First song was better imo. This one does have LINAWR vibe to it. Haven't really been listening to SF type of music lately, so not sure if I am particularly interested.

18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The interview released with Buddy at the time of the first song drop said they were currently recording a full length.

19. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This band is 0/2 for me so far, I havent felt the need to revisit either of these songs.

20. TFT87

Regular

This is so wrong. The Fire is easily their weakest and Still Searching/LIEY their strongest. Even Buddy has said LIEY has their most requested songs. Cmon man.

euphguapo likes this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I agree about The Fire but LIEY is a rough record to listen to these days lol

22. TFT87

Regular

I can understand that somewhat since the lyrics are pretty emo sounding, haha but I still think every song is super catchy.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. Davjs Nov 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 3, 2016)
    Davjs

Trusted

lol, fans stuck in nostalgia doesn't mean anything. The fact that their best album Renacer doesn't have the most requests prove it. The Fire has the title track, Lifeboats, Hold On and Irish Eyes. LIEY doesn't hold up. Sorry man.

Anticitizen7 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer is the best. Love that record soooooo much.

Davjs likes this.
  25. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I've liked these songs way more than I thought I would when they described the project. Like, it's not something that would make my top ten of the year, but would easily make my honorable mentions.