Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Speak The Truth…Even If Your Voice Shakes Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

The EP was fun, so why not. Someone on here called this band a "time capsule" and I'm totally cool with that if it's the sound they stay with.

js977 likes this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I don't feel too strongly about it but I bet it'll be better than new SF

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. SFguitar

Regular

Buddy posted clips of the new SF on instagram and it sounds like it's the best stuff they've done since Still Searching.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. I wish there was a release date to accompany this announcement.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Those clips were trash imo and LINAWR is just as good as SS

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

lyrically yes but they sounded catchy as hell. but i also prefer the fire and SS to LINAWR for what that's worth

8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The fires underrated but a little samey and too consistent. Some good lyrics too but also some iffy ones. I just think the middle of LINAWR is the highlight of their career minus the AWFUL production

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I appreciate it more than I used to but it's always been the samey one to me. Lungs like gallows, wolves, and four years Are my favorites. I think four years' bridge is one of their best ever. But the only song I skip on fire is Saint Anthony. Always sounded like an obligatory/phoned in traditional SF song to me, which is how I feel about garden state and family tradition.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I love those 3 "phoned in" songs lol. I remember being SO HYPE when Family Tradition came out, but Garden State and Saint Anthony are both great, though the latter has some pretty meh lyrics

11. This band name is more 2006 than myspace lol

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Hahah I know most do. If I had to pick a specific reason I just don't find them particularly catchy.

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

fair enough, they have a few songs people like that I think aren't catchy at all (rum is for drinking, you're cute when you scream)

js977 likes this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I like both but think they're overrated

15. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I think this and the new Senses Fail will be very similar. This is like older senses fail and buddy says the new album will be as well