Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spawn (Todd McFarlane)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 29, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wtf

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm pretty curious about this. Could be a train wreck, or could be fun.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jeremy Renner joined the project.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
    chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ooooh

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. Tim

Boo. McFarlane isn’t a good writer, lol, but I really wanted to see his unfiltered id in cinematic form. What would those grim ramblings of his in the comics sound like recited by real actors? The world needs to know, and by “the world” I mean me.

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling, and hopefully The Todd remains in the director’s seat with a “story by” credit (and perhaps even still co-writer).

9. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Spawn is such a weird, weird property that I have trouble really seeing any kind of live-action film doing it in an intelligent way. The kind of budget they would need in order to make a good-looking Spawn film is hard to fathom considering he's an anti-hero from the depths of hell with not nearly as much weight to his name as say, Venom.

I realize that's probably partially why they've been choosing to focus the movie on Sam and Twitch then, with Spawn being a presence in the background. I feel like that is a huge gamble though, having the "hero" be a side character in his own movie when he's the one most people would arguably want to see?

If it gets off the ground, great, but I really don't think it's going to amount to anything much.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. Tim

I don’t particularly care for Joker or Falcon & Winter Soldier, but writers from those projects joining forces… does fit Spawn well, for better or worse!

I’ve somehow stumbled into being a big She-Spawn fan, so hopefully Jessica Priest is in it (especially since she was apparently created for the original film, so they wouldn’t have to worry about a Youngblood character killing Al Simmons).