Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sparrow Sleeps to Release Original Music Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sparrow Sleeps, known mostly for their lullaby cover albums, will be releasing an original album for kids that features singers such as Ryan Key, Will Pugh, Ace Enders, and many more. You’ll find the full track listing below, along with a stream of “The Sugar Song” (ft. Kailynn West of Tiny Stills and Tony Thaxton of Motion City Soundtrack). The album will be out on October 21st and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. We’re The Sparrow Sleeps Band (ft. Will Pugh of Cartel)
    2. I Want To Play! (ft. Will Pugh of Cartel)
    3. Shoe Tying Machine (ft. Nick Diener of The Swellers)
    4. Let’s Sing About Letters! (ft. Ace Enders of The Early November)
    5. Sharing Is Cool (ft. Joe Taylor of Knuckle Puck and Dan Lambton of Real Friends)
    6. Holding Hands (ft. Zech Pluister of Sleep On It)
    7. Make Some Noise (ft. Matt Pryor of The Get Up Kids)
    8. Air Guitar (ft. Ryan Key of Yellowcard)
    9. The Sugar Song (ft. Kailynn West of Tiny Stills and Tony Thaxton of Motion City Soundtrack)
    10. 10 (ft. Mike Herrera of MXPX)
    11. Two Minutes (ft. Nick Thompson of Hit The Lights)
    12. Sparrows Nest (ft. Aaron Marsh of Copeland)

Indianapolis, IN – October 6, 2016 – Lullaby group Sparrow Sleeps is thrilled to announce Sparrow and Friends Start A Band!, a brand new album of original tracks featuring guest vocalists including Ryan Key, Will Pugh, Aaron Marsh, Matthew Pryor, Mike Herrera, and more. Fans can check out first track, “The Sugar Song (feat. Kailynn West & Tony Thaxton)” on Billboard now.
    “I have nieces who are 8 and 11 so I jumped at the chance to make music that I knew would make them laugh,” West shares. “The idea of a mosh pit screaming about not eating sugar all the time is really goofy and fun and Tony and I spent most of the time laughing while we were recording this song. We had a blast. I have a serious sweet tooth in real life, so this song rings true for me. I had Oreos for breakfast because I’m an adult and I can do it…but that doesn’t mean I should. I really did eat a carrot while recording the bridge of this song, though!”

Thaxton adds: “When this opportunity arose, I immediately said yes. I have a bit of a soft spot for kids, so this seemed even more fun than the usual music projects I get to do. I made a video with Kate Micucci (of Garfunkel and Oates) and a bunch of puppets a couple of years ago, and the reaction we got from both adults and kids was so great, I couldn’t wait to be a part of this project.”

Sparrow and Friends Start A Band! will be released on October 21st, 2016. All pre-orders will include a free download of Fan Favorites Volume 1, a 15-track lullaby covers album featuring Dashboard Confessional, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail, and more. For more information or to pre-order the album, please visit: www.sparrowsleeps.com.

Sparrow and Friends is Casey Cole and Peter Lockhart of Sparrow Sleeps. The Midwestern duo have teamed up with some of their favorite vocalists to bring you Sparrow and Friends Start A Band!, the first release in their new series of music geared toward kids ages 3-5.

Cole and Lockhart have spent the last year in and out of the studio, writing songs about brushing your teeth, tying your shoes, counting to ten, and being polite. While the songs lyrically resonate with children, the guest vocalists on this album will be familiar to a lot of parents and the album’s music has been created to resonate with parents and children alike.

On the new album, Cole tells us, “Sparrow and Friends is probably one of the weirder pop-punk compilations out there. We’re still amazed at the artists that were willing to be a part of this project and bring this crazy idea to fruition.”

Tracked/mixed by Seth Henderson (Knuckle Puck, Real Friends) and mastered by Alan Douches (Brand New, Saves The Day), Sparrow and Friends Start A Band! is the essential pop- punk album for kids.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. punchlinekid

this wind changed me..

great message. terrible song.
    still gonna check out the rest of the album

3. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Listened to this on the way to taking my 4 year-old son to school. He loved it.

4. CampfireColorado

Regular

i am so excited for this (for my kid, of course).

5. Kixur413

I'm excited for this for me! :P

6. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Holy shit I'm amazed how many artists did participate in that ;D I'll listen to the first song in a second, but there's a few points in that track list that makes me far more excited.

7. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

This is just fucking cool.