Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sparks the Rescue - When It Thunders EP (October 31, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by oldboot, Oct 24, 2017.

1. oldboot

Regular

[​IMG]

First original material in 4+ years. Still no tracklist yet but the album streams on Halloween. Really, really looking forward to this!

sonder likes this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Now that's a name that I haven't heard in a while.

3. I kinda remember this band.

4. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

awesome!

5. oldboot

Regular

And a second single:

Digging this one as well. This might be my most anticipated release of 2017 haha

sonder likes this.
  6. oldboot

Regular

This was released digitally today. Check it out on Spotify! I like it. Definitely glad to hear these guys return to the pop-punk sound. This is a fun little listen. Hope they release a full length again some day!

sonder likes this.
  7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This EP is pretty great.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I need to give this one a listen, I used to be really into them. Saw them a bunch when they actually toured Kind of stopped following after Worst Thing, but I'm glad to see them active again.

9. oldboot

Regular

Worst Thing was kind of junk and even the band will acknowledge that. This is a drastic step up, definitely more in the Eyes to the Sun vein. I really hope they will play some shows in support of this but I have no idea how they'd draw at this point, even in New England.

skurt and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I didn't mind it, but it definitely didn't stick the same. I'm glad to hear that though! Hopefully they can get a cool supporting slot for someone.

11. oldboot

Regular

There were a few decent songs on it but as a whole it was kind of a clunker. I am intrigued to see what they do...all of the guys are in cover bands who play like 4-5 gigs a week up here, so I wonder if they'd even be open to touring if they got a supporting slot? Talking with them this summer the cover band thing is paying the bills, so I wonder how they'll proceed. I hope they do some touring though, would love to see a few of these live. Misery is a banger!

mattfreaksmeout and skurt like this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think it's always possible if they get the right opportunity now that they have new music. Who knows, time will tell I guess!

skurt likes this.