Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs - Schmaltz (March 30, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Mar 30, 2018.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Copped the vinyl of this earlier this week on A-F before the first pressing sold out apparently...god, this album is so good. definitely my favorite non-metal release of the year so far.

Larry David and troyplaysbass like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the more I listen the less I hear Menz. I definitely hear Captain a lot still but my initial listen all I could hear was Greg

Larry David and ECV like this.
  3. terps12

Regular

Happy for all the love this is getting -- if you like this, definitely check out Giant Sings the Blues. It's free on their bandcamp and it's arguably even better.

The first three tracks are :ok:

The Brooklyn show last week was great. Can't wait for these guys to get more mainstream love.

Larry David likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Its not close to as good, but it’s still very good

Larry David and JaytotheGee like this.
  5. terps12

Regular

I actually like Giant better. :speakno:

Larry David likes this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Larry David likes this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I like Nervous people more than about half of this album. But I still love this album.

Larry David and terps12 like this.
  8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Larry David and Dave Diddy like this.
  9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I’ve only listened through it once but this is very good. Can’t wait to jam it all day at work tomorrow. Menzos comp is obvious but the first thing that came to my mind was The Hotelier/It Never Goes Out.

Larry David likes this.
  10. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

11. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Man I'm still just smitten with this haha. So many good one liners. Now I'm not saying this is BETTER than the new TWY but I've probably listened to this more.

715creeks and Larry David like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of TWY and this band

I showed my girlfriend Buffalo Buffalo and she said it sounds exactly like something off The Greatest Generation and doesn't hear a Menzingers comparison at all. She also said Dylan sounds exactly like Dan

I don't really hear it at all lol

Larry David likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I no joke had to Google whether there was a third Barnett brother I didn't know about the first time I heard this.

14. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Bringing this band to El Paso on 5/17, last minute show! Just in case anyone out there happens to live in or around west Texas.

Listened to SLS a bit before Schmaltz, and I never made that Menzingers connection, or hadn't thought about it until the release of Schmaltz and the internet blew up. I still don't entirely see it; I think people hear Dylan's voice, recognize that it sounds a bit like Greg's, and then that somehow spirals into "Menzingers cover band."

Either way I'm so glad the band's getting all this attention; still my AOTY.

Larry David likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean, the vocal similarities are there plain as day. Doesn’t mean the band behind him sounds like them though.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Larry David, JBoch, monrovian and 5 others like this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

okay i definitely like this

18. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

Welcome to the club

Larry David likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Rare to see this post in a thread of a band I like a lot

Larry David, Zac Djamoos and cwhit like this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i know, who knew you liked good music sometimes

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. Haruni

Regular

Checking this out now and I like it so far. Not sure how I’ve never heard of them.

Larry David and sean_rugy like this.
  22. is there a way to wash it off
    or is this stain permanent?

Larry David likes this.
  23. copey

Regular

still have a hard time comprehending how good this album is. Listen to this whole thing almost daily since release.

Larry David, swboyd and sean_rugy like this.
  24. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

I just had to visit this thread to state how incredibly brilliant this record is.

Lyrics for the feels’s and the minds’s for days, sounds for the ears’s, catchy hooks for the catches and the hooks’s.

My mind is constantly blown when I listen to this album. What an excellent band. In the spirit of their name. Este musica es muchas gustas!

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just announced a Cleveland show, excited to see them again! Very excited to see them at Fest though. Imagining it will be a wild crowd