Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs - Schmaltz (March 30, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Larry David, Mar 30, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm two songs in and i hear so much more menz than iron chic. it's less shouty than iron chic

2. cwhit

so part of my concern going in on this is that i only really love one menz release and one CWS release and i think they just hit some magic on those records as opposed to me really liking the sound on that

sounds like this band at least got some of that magic, because this is quite good

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

You’re telling me I was fucking wrong?

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

UGH fine

Zac Djamoos and sean_rugy like this.
  5. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

JaytotheGee and Larry David like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Easily my most listened to album of the year so far.

Larry David and Zac Djamoos like this.
  7. cwhit

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

They definitely sound like the Menzos

9. This album is great, less like the Menzingers than I was expecting, the singer just kinda sounds like Greg.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Eh, this is okay so far. Menzos-lite. Maybe it'll pick up.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Otis is good

troyplaysbass and Larry David like this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The songs that deal with the loss of a loved one are good. I don't really like the lyrics on the other ones.

13. I’m definitely gonna see these guys in Brooklyn on Saturday. Listened to this album like 5 times in the past day.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them last night and they were great. About 20 people watched but only 2 of us knew the songs but got to chat with them for a bit after which was cool

We got a much shorter set but it was a Monday night in Cleveland and the show was on serious punk time (didn't end until midnight)

They stopped playing and I yelled for Buffalo and they were like "we weren't planning on playing this on the tour and now we've had to play it every night" and also yelled for Nuevo so they did that into Buffalo for the "encore"

15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I wanted to go to this but I won't be around, really bummed. I've never seen a show in the basement of that venue.

Larry David and ECV like this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This album is pretty stellar

Larry David and teebs41 like this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This is a good take haha. Wish more people in Cleveland showed up, but not that surprised.

Larry David, teebs41 and JaytotheGee like this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Nuevo -> buffalo sounds dope. Probably would’ve been a cool way to open the album too

Larry David likes this.
  19. It’s wild to me that they’d skip Buffalo. That song is probably so much fun live.

Larry David and Zac Djamoos like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it was really cool and worked much better than I think they expected it to haha

He said it destroys his voice which makes sense. I remember Menz used to not play Casey when OTIP came out for a similar reason but he'll come around to it haha

Larry David and ECV like this.
  21. monrovian

would be checking out this show on friday in philly if I didn't already have plans :concerned:

Larry David likes this.
  22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Finally gave this a spin this afternoon and HOLY FUCKING SHIT this is good. It's like the mid-point between Menz and CWS that I didn't know I needed until now.

Edit: Of course they were in Chicago this past weekend. :(

Zac Djamoos and Larry David like this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Show was really really great tonight. They have great merch too, picked up a “Genuine Sad” shirt

Larry David and JaytotheGee like this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was just gonna pick up a record but then I saw that no one else picked up anything so I got a shirt and koozie as well to help em out

Larry David likes this.
  25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm excited for their merch store to re-open after tour. About to give this band a lot of my money.