Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs Cover Blink-182

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. .K. Oct 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2021)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It sounds like a hybrid of Thrice’s The Hurricane and Blink’s I Miss You.

Its cool to see them releasing this and having a different take on a cover than just playing note for note which have been so safe. Listened to Brave Faces Everyone like 3 weeks ago. Still as depressing and masterfully crafted as the first time I heard it and it’s still the most 2020 record of 2020.

I just checked their Twitter and it sounds like they are writing.

theasteriskera and surgerone like this.
  3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It holds up really well! And completely agree that it captures 2020 so well despite being written and released before it all went to hell. Guess it speaks to how the pandemic served to amplify existing problems and feelings.

.K. likes this.
  4. Chad Grauke

Dylan needs a new schtick.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

He’s self aware regarding his lyrical content so keep writing. Even though it was a heavy or depressing take at times and least he’s feeling genuine in the moment.

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Well put.

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

And I actually thought there was a certain sliver of hopefulness in that album, at least relative to the previous one. As if there's some acceptance of the troubles and an interest in moving on from them. Different from say Microwave who have chosen to really sink into the sadness. Not that they're sonically similar bands, just two of my favourite from the past few years who might share some demons.

theasteriskera, Bartek T. and .K. like this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

The album is pretty much a journey along that route, right? Starts out with "Routine Pain " and "Self Destruction (As A Sensible Career Choice) and you end with "Optimism (As A Radical Life Choice)" and "Brave Faces Everyone".

Made even better by the fact that Brave Faces Everyone is full of references to Aloha To No-One, which is a more pessimistic closer.

9. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This isn't very good. The "don't waste your time on me" part is the best part but I'm pretty sure I've heard this pulled off better in a karaoke night. Voice just doesn't seem suited to the song I guess.

FYI I am a fan of the band.

Beholdtheriver likes this.
  10. MacbethSin

Regular

This is a bold song to cover. Not a fan of the "I'm recording this from atop a balance beam and could slip at any moment" vocals but instrumentally dope

theasteriskera likes this.
  11. Chad Grauke

Bingo. I got tired of it from The Menzingers years ago and this is like a bad baton pass.