Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Jan 5, 2020.

1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Today was a very hard, very sad day, and I’m just so thankful this album exists.

2. soggytime

Trusted

A23175FF-C236-4137-A896-66C40E5050A7.jpeg

MegT585, Contender and Leftandleaving like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

who wanna pretend to be surprised they're my most played of the year

4. I'm looking at my Apple Music replay, and I don't think it logged any of my plays of this album. Definitely would have been my most played.

5. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

They didn't crack my top 5 which is surprising

6. Scraped into my top 20 - I love it but it's too damn intense to listen to front to back most of the time. I've returned to individual songs loads, though.

7. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

This ended up being my number one most played, which was kind of surprising because I haven’t really played this much since it came out, but I guess I played it a lot lol definitely returned to a lot of individual songs though, that probably bumped it up.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They were my No. 2 band of the year (behind Gaslight Anthem) and Routine Pain, Generation Loss and Losers 2 were my top 3 songs of the year.

9. tomtom94

Trusted

All 5 of my top 5 songs this year were SLS lol

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

mine are 3 sls, 2 gecs

11. Leftandleaving likes this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

How did I go the whole year not hearing this album? Listened for the first time tonight and I'm in love.

13. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

The Verge mentioned this in their 2020 entertainment list: The entertainment that got us through 2020

BRAVE FACES EVERYONE BY SPANISH LOVE SONGS
    2020 has certainly seemed to be the year for comfort food, both literally and in terms of entertainment: A lot of us have been playing familiar songs, shows, and movies on repeat to make us feel better. It’s a bit strange, then, that the piece of media that got me through the year was a new album from a band I’d never heard of.

Brave Faces Everyone was released in February before the coronavirus really became a thing, but it manages to touch on almost every other social issue that’s been buzzing around my head, keeping me up at night or making me pace around my house the second I run out of things to do. Which seems contradictory; why would I want to think about these things more? I can’t quite put my finger on it, but by the time the final song plays, re-incorporating phrases from the previous songs, I can’t help but feel better. Maybe it’s that the writing seems sincere and unpretentious, or maybe it’s just knowing that someone else is going through the same things and has given me words to yell along to that put things much clearer than I could’ve. —Mitchell Clark

tomtom94, Ellite25, 333 GANG and 2 others like this.
  14. tomtom94

Trusted

BFE is on Rocked's Best Albums of 2020 list at #1

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

finally gave this a listen since it was on sooooo many lists

feel like an idiot for sleeping on it.

Scratching that Hotelier, PUP, Menzinger itch.
    Love it

16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It sometimes blows my mind this album came out prior to 2020 really falling to total shit.

17. abw123

Trusted

Still the best album of 2020

18. Transient_Hymn

The first 5 song stretch might be generationally good.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  19. Transient_Hymn

I think beach front property is my favorite.
    The outro is killer

imthesheriff likes this.
  20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

One year ago I was very fucking sick for a week (which in hindsight was most certainly covid) listening to this thinking “this album defines everything I’m feeling today. Hopefully it can’t get worse from here.”

Happy 1 year to the album that defined 2020 for me. The replies to the tweet give some insight on lyrics.

21. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Super cool reading through those replies on Twitter. This album hit me hard when it came out, and only hit me harder throughout 2020. One of my favorites from 2020 as well.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What a great weekend for livestreams

24. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can’t even imagine how many times I would have seen them on various tours the past year

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

riotspray and fredwordsmith like this.