Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Jan 5, 2020.

1. abw123

Trusted

Best album of the year. Do most people still prefer Schmaltz to this? It's close but I prefer the new one.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I prefer schmaltz - I think it's a bit more diverse

orangehorizon likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I definitely prefer Schmaltz but this is still really good

orangehorizon likes this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer schmaltz too but based on that list thread lots of others prefer this one already.

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I also prefer Schmaltz, but to me it's like comparing an A+ record with an A record. They're both fantastic, and I'd still call Brave Faces my album of the year. The only thing that I can see knocking it off is the new I Am the Avalanche album in November.

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Brave Faces is definitely gonna be Top 5 of the year for me, but I'm not 100% sure this band will ever be able to top Schmaltz again personally...kind of like how The Menzingers have never topped On The Impossible Past for me. Schmaltz was just a perfect time and place album during that period of my life in 2018. I probably won't have the same connection with Brave Faces because 2020 has been a solid year for me other than the pandemic...so it's been hard for me to get into the right headspace for this album at times.

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I do prefer Schmaltz, however, that’s not saying anything bad about BFE.

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think this is a better record but I prefer to listen to schmaltz.

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I can’t believe this album came out this year. February feels like years ago.

bachna84, Carrow, Contender and 2 others like this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I need to put this back into the rotation. I loved it when it came out and then sort of got away from it. I think it’s better than Schmaltz, but I didn’t get into Schmaltz until like a month before this came out.

I also don’t think the record is as dark or bleak as many others seem to, and I don’t know if that reflects more on the album or my mental state, lmao.

11. Ellite25

Regular

I saw them this year and it feels like the last show I went to was 5 years ago.

12. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

They were the last band I saw live and I want to be the first back

dylan likes this.
  13. michael_gatto

Trusted

My last show before quarantine was TWY in Dallas and I'm still sad to this day that SLS had to drop off that date.

dylan likes this.
  14. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Our last concert the day before quarantine hit was this tour and we got drunk before the show and drank more at the show. then got an email from kaities work that she needed to go to the office and pick up her laptop and work stuff because she was working from home for the foreseeable future so we had to leave after SLS and stumble into her office and then all the way down to the train with boxes of her work stuff to get home haha. I cannot fucking wait to scream through tears SO LET ME RUIN MY GUTS TONIGHT the first time they’re back.

bachna84, stijn_p and Carrow like this.
  15. Leftandleaving

JaytotheGee and Carrow like this.
  16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Love this band and album. Last two full lengths have hit harder than anything I’ve listened to the last few years. I appreciate this album more and more as time goes on.

18. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Great video, captures the vibe of 2020

19. MegT585

Trusted

Listening to nothing but this album on repeat the past few days and especially today. Brave faces, everyone.

awakeohsleeper, 333 GANG, Joe and 2 others like this.
  20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This, Punisher, and Rise Against/Anti-Flag are the only music that seems appropriate this morning

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

dont forget propagandhi

JBoch likes this.
  22. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

I still can’t believe this was a pre-pandemic/2020 album. This video is great.

OhTheWater and Leftandleaving like this.
  23. Leftandleaving

Carrow and troyplaysbass like this.
  24. tomtom94

Trusted

Matt Chylak, swboyd and Carrow like this.
  25. Ellite25

Regular

Been listening to this a lot lately. It’s between this and Punisher for my favorite album of the year. I really love Optimism (As a Radical Life Choice) and Beach Front Property. Love the title of Optimism too, it’s clever haha

Donnie Ruth likes this.