Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by 333 GANG, Jan 5, 2020.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this band ruled last night. These and Menzingers are just a perfect pairing

orangehorizon likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Was dreading seeing them at O2 Forum because the sound usually sucks there but it was actually good last night

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

They had one or two technical problems sadly but yeah, I thought otherwise they nailed it.

Jake W likes this.
  4. abw123

Trusted

So I'm in love with this album, from this band I had never heard of until a week ago. Would one surmise that I will like their previous albums just as much? Or is this one their best?

aspeedomodel likes this.
  5. J12

Trusted Supporter

I can't really imagine liking this and not liking Schmaltz, honestly. Giant Sings the Blues is great, too.

orangehorizon likes this.
  6. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Saw their music video on Youtube and gave this album a listen. I can't stop listening, man how did I not know about these guys

333 GANG likes this.
  7. HalfHearted

Regular

How many of the new songs are they playing live? And which ones?

8. tomtom94

Trusted

On the most recent tour supporting Menzingers they played 4 new cuts out of 9/10 songs total, the two Losers songs, Kick and Routine Pain. They also played Beach Front Property one time I think. Rest of the set was all Schmaltz songs.

9. HalfHearted

Regular

Perfect - Thank you. I wonder if they are going to add a couple new ones on the The Wonder Years tour. Would love to see Brave Faces, Everyone (song) live.

10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Played this for Emily this evening “Jesus fuck this is dark and depressing”

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They’re playing less time on the TWY tour than the Menz tour so doubtful

12. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Wish they were direct support on TWY. Only thinking we get 7-8 songs. So 4 and 4?

13. HalfHearted

Regular

That's a good point, I didn't think about that.

14. Donnie Ruth Feb 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2020)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

15. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Carrow, Donnie Ruth and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  16. Kuri44 Feb 21, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2020)
    Kuri44

I know I’m late, but this is an AOTY contender.

I’m always accusing Instagram/Apple/Google of spying on my life/conversations, and after hearing this album while reading the lyrics, I’m adding Spanish Love Songs to that list

17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15824119063294312666583061550505.jpg

15824119786522006969417121166906.jpg

Great Valentine's gifts from last week

swboyd, orangehorizon, Kuri44 and 3 others like this.
  18. fredwordsmith Feb 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2020)
    fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

This record fucking rules.

I had never heard a single song by this band until last week when I read the review and now I just bought the vinyl.

The lyrical nihilism is well earned. It fits the mood I wake up in most days. It’s a positive rage - more of a “fuck you, I’m not gonna let you win even if I think *I* can’t win myself” viewpoint. It’s an eminently relatable view for millennials/Gen Z. Or anyone with a fucking pulse.

God bless Chorus for making discoveries like this possible.

Penguin, K0ta, 5Stories and 11 others like this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The band did a live Q&A I think it was instagram? My brother was the one who asked the question and told me about it haha, I personally didn’t see it live

Carrow likes this.
  20. navidson

Regular

I feel the same way - Never listened to them until about 3 weeks ago - Now can't get enough of them

5Stories likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This record is still really really good. Very impressed by this follow up, and I still feel like the lead singer needs a hug. Just a raw energy and well captured record.

Noradrenaline likes this.
  22. abw123

Trusted

Yeah, it's great, and I'm now about a week away from checking out their older stuff. If any of it rivals this album I will be surprised.

23. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Schmaltz is just as good as this album. Giants is easily their weakest album but it's still good.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I definitely like Schmaltz more still

Contender and HalfHearted like this.