Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Space Jam Sequel With LeBron James Is Happening • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 2, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Lebron was the best part of Trainwreck to me, so I could actually see this being entertaining enough. Outside of Bill Murray, this needs a Dirk cameo at the very least. And perhaps some Uncle Drew.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

This grosses me out.

3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

4. Kerrbs

Let's go Cavs! Prestigious

Love this is finally happening!

Raku likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This could clear the very low bar of being better than the original

DarkHotline, Raku and Eric like this.
  6. Schooner

Trusted

Kobe is pretty unlikeable despite having a lot more free time now than LBJ

7. Schooner

Trusted

I actually think Kyrie Irving would have been a better star (other than the name value and megastardom to the general public of LeBron)
    Kyrie is a natural talent with comedic timing on those uncle drew Pepsi ads

But like someone said before, LeBron was surprisingly very good and hilarious in Trainwreck where he and John Cena stole scenes

8. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'll be there opening night.

Raku likes this.
  9. Eric

Regular

Exactly. I bet most of the likely that claim this'll "ruin their childhood" haven't watched the original since they were kids. It's really not very good

Raku likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

agree, watched it a couple weeks ago. I did enjoy the nostalgia. Buts its was pretty pretty bad. Had nothing on Disney films or jumanji or Mrs Doubtfire from that era. But I'll still watch this regardless.

If one film is going to ruin you're childhood I have grave fears for how you spent the rest of those years haha

Eric and Raku like this.
  11. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Not a Lebron fan either but give me Wayne Knight, Bill Murray, and Danny DeVito and I'll watch it lol

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Oh. This grosses me out is just a weird way to say you don't like someone.

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This will probably be great with all the new technology. Hit em low hit em low hit em low hit em low hit em high hit em high hit em high hit em high

AelNire likes this.
  15. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Couldn't be a more perfect fit, although I can always laugh at Newman, while I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Windhorst.

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I find it really hard to watch.

17. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Not really.

18. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

DarkHotline, Schooner and Turkeylegz like this.
  19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

20. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I've gotten so much shit from my friends, family, and random people by pointing out that the original isn't that great of a movie, like serious under the skin anger from people. It's just not that great of a movie, we all loved it as kids but it has aged very poorly. Doesn't help that much has come out about MJ basically being a terrible person and has thoroughly shattered my image of the man.

Schooner and Serh like this.
  22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

What did MJ do genuinely wondering?

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say it didn't even age badly, rather it was never good. Great childhood memories of it and all, but otherwise it was a 90-minute commercial for Michael Jordan that also existed to sell Space Jam merch. There was an article on The Dissolve that covered this beautifully.

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The first movie actually sucks. It just contains a bunch of nostalgic 90s crap. I did community service my senior year (school requirement) at a thrift store owned by a family friend. On multiple occasions I saw hipster types rummidging through the sports apparel section looking for a toon squad jersey. Pretty much turned me off to the "it's so bad it's good" enjoyment of Space Jam.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't believe you.