Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Space Force (Greg Daniels, Steve Carrell) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by FlayedManOfSF, Jan 16, 2019.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I could have sworn someone made a joke in here about all the future reviews saying stuff like that when it was first announced, but I must have imagined it.

2. It's so funny that there are people that thought that this was going to be anything more than just a dumb brainless comedy series just because it has Greg Daniels and Steve Carrell attached to it. The premise alone is ridiculous.

3. I'll still end up watching it all.

4. the rural juror May 26, 2020
    (Last edited: May 26, 2020)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

You mean the ridiculous premise which is also a real life thing actually happening?

I can think of lots of ways you could make a non-braindead comedy about government wasting time and resources to appease the egos of leaders.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I"m three episodes in and it is legitimately painful to see so many talented people stuck with such unfunny material.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

How are watching?

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'll still watch but my expectations are extremely low

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s the kind of sitcom that’s more mediocre than outright bad, which makes it worse. The jokes are mainly dad jokes. Carell’s R. Lee Ermey voice is grating and he’s just an awful character that they try to redeem almost every episode with a forced sentimental moment, kind of like they did with Michael Scott, but he’s no Michael Scott.

And the ensemble just doesn’t go well together. Diana Silvers’s character as his daughter is a constant downer on the story. She’s given the worst storylines. Malkovich might be the best character just because Malkovich is a weirdo.

The rest: Lisa Kudrow, Jessica St. Clair, Ben Schwartz, Jimmy O. Yang, Tawny Newsome, etc. - A killer cast, but it doesn’t know what to with them and they’re clearly trying to make it work. You just feel bad for all of them.

Also, they’re definitely aiming for a season two.

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Does Noah Emmerich get to do anything interesting or is he wasted like the others you mentioned?

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Mostly wasted. He's just a guy that has a rivalry with Carell's character.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

So season 2 with better writing could be good is what I’m hearing

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

They would need a serious overhaul of the writer's room and have to lop off some characters. Not to spoil anything, but the team that goes to space is not one I want to spend time with.

Professor Plumbob likes this.
  14. Yikes the reviews are bad! I was gonna check it out this weekend but now maybe not

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

saying the talent is wasted is an understatement. Jesus.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The part with Gethard in the trailer legitimately cracked me up, but I'm not surprised this is terrible

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I watched the first episode. It was alright. A few things made me laugh.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s funny that “What We Do In The Shadows” showed how to do a “Kokomo” joke right.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

How do they know the words?

Zilla likes this.
  20. Update. Halfway through episode 1. Nope.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I watched through episode 5... I don't think it's terrible. It's not hilarious but it's pretty watchable and I've laughed at least a couple times each episode

22. masterfeff

FullEpisodesForFree.com

I only watched the first episode for far but I had a few laughs... A lot bashed solar opposites as well but I found it very funny... What are the best shows out there at the moment?

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Doesn’t seem like they cared to actually try to make this good. Too many dumb dumb resistance themes that aren’t funny at all.

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Didn't know this thread existed, but this show was hilarious

Didn't love the first two episodes, so I got nervous, but it's worth sticking around until the end

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's a rough start, like most first seasons of shows. P&R's entire first season was pretty bad, but this show at least starts getting funny after the 2nd or 3rd episode I'd say :)

bradsonemanband likes this.