Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Space Force (Greg Daniels, Steve Carrell) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by FlayedManOfSF, Jan 16, 2019.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Watch it literally be Michael Scott in charge of it. I mean if Trump can be president.. Lol

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I forgot this was a thing

Contender and riotspray like this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

“Schwartz portrays F. Tony Scarapiducci, a self-centered media consultant whose Machiavellian goals only sometimes line up with those of Mark or Space Force.“

Wait we’re gonna have a Scaramucci parody 2 1/2-3 years past his relevency as one of the main characters?

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’m excited to see Carrell do comedy again but the premise doesn’t sound excellent to me

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Remember when people thought a Trump administration would at least make for great comedy/music/art lol

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm torn because the premise sounds bad, but the cast is tight.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I am excited to watch this.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and riotspray like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I stand by my thoughts at the beginning of the year. Love everyone involved, but the last thing I want to watch right now is a light satire about how *wacky* the space force idea is.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like it's not going to be as overtly political as you guys are expecting, I could be wrong though. I'd never doubt a Greg Daniels/Steve Carrell show with Ben Schwartz and John Malkovich so I'm extremely excited

mad and Brent like this.
  13. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I think the trailer looks good, but if Netflix thought they were buying The Office 2, oooooooof. They are in for a rude awakening.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The 4 middle schools joke got me good.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

why is everyone so down on this, it looks fantastic

16. I'm not down it. It looks decent, but absolutely nothing like The Office (which isn't a bad thing)

Brent likes this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I don’t want The Office/Michael Scott 2.0. Greg Daniels has been apart of some the best shows in the past 25 years - he knows what he’s doing.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i don't think this looks good at all, but i will give it a shot.

Brent likes this.
  19. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

If this isn't The Office 2 I don't see it being a smash hit like Netflix needs it to be. But I will probably me more interested if its separate from the Office/Parks crowd.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

tbh this looks like it'll maybe be funny for a season while the cast and trump/POTUS jokes are relatively fresh, but see it getting stale quick. would like to be wrong, but, who knows.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looks good.

22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

People will probably enjoy this for a week and then completely forget it exists

imthesheriff and popdisaster00 like this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This looks good. And the cast is insane.

24. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I should clarify my prior statement - I think this looks great.

However, the push from the Netflix side so far has been “Hey! The Office! We know we’re losing it to Peacock, so we made A NEW SHOW with the same people!”

...and instead you have a show which feels more like Avenue 5 to me. (Which I like, but can admit is divisive.)

I guess that I, for no real reason I can articulate, am bummed/worried that this show will die on unrealistic expectations.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

truly abysmal

Sean Murphy likes this.