Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Souveneer - Mason Maggio of Republic of Wolves and Tigers on Trains Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, May 23, 2016.

1. Kmil

Trusted

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

love his voice

3. Kmil

Trusted

Much improved from the first TROW EP.

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Like Tongue Tied way more than the first one. This basically sounds like TOT without Christian. So basically just like the last TOT record. I'm not complaining though.

Wait what!? His Old Branches? That EP is soooo good. The reimagined version His Black Teeth might be even better because of the extra focus on the lyrics.

5. Kmil

Trusted

I was specifically talking about Mason's voice, that EP is great and the reimagined version is freaking awesome as well.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Oh okay. Few. Yeah it's definitely better suited to quieter songs.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When's the ep coming out?

8. Kmil

Trusted

June 28th I think I read.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Just read it earlier. Merit Badge Season. Didn't have a track list, but we've heard Strangers and Tongue Tied and I've liked both so far. Kinda looking forward to a TROW announcement soon as well.

10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that seems to be how they operate. They dropped the last ToT album date on us before we knew they were working on anything. New TROW definitely on the way too.

13. Kmil

Trusted

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

15. AngryMan

Regular

loudasallgetout likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Really looking forward to that TROW announcement.

Souveneer has been streaming for me pretty steadily. It's kinda like Tiger on Trains, but in good way. I hope Mason continues doing this project. What a cool first EP. I must say every time how very impressed I am by these guys as well.

17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. If he released it under ToT no one would have batted an eye. I guess maybe it stems from when they released the last ToT record everyone was complaining about how there was no Christian on it and then Mason said it was always intended to be a solo album. Maybe this just separates the two.

But yeah love the EP!

18. Kmil

Trusted

This EP is awesome, "Empathy" is my favorite from this so far. Anything these guys touch is good, American Gospel, The Year Fifteen, Tigers on Trains, and of course The Republic of Wolves.

loudasallgetout and AngryMan like this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the last Tigers on Trains record. I think expanded beyond folk

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I really like it as a record. It's just when I think about ToT one of the things I love most about them is the two vocalists so I really missed that element.

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

With no Gregg in TROW anymore, that will be a change as well. Mason is the main vocalist though which I don't mind

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Kmil and AngryMan like this.
  23. AngryMan

Regular

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yuuuuup. Or some old Tigers on Trains.

AngryMan likes this.
  25. Kmil

Trusted

New EP by him, really enjoyed this, a bit different from his usual. Check it out.

teebs41, .K., AngryMan and 1 other person like this.