Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I didn't think it should have ended like that. I definitely prefer the more self-contained episodes to the season long arcs.

2. Davjs

Trusted

I'm torn because I love following the story week to week but when I rewatch these out of order like I do the older episodes I feel it won't be as good.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm not overly thrilled that were pretty much just continuing last seasons strategy but I mean...I can't blame them. This stuff is totally THE conversations these days. Trump and pc stuff and social justice are such a hot button...it's hard to ignore.

Davjs likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

"'member Chewbaccaa agaaiiiin?"

Topical stuff aside, the funniest part of the ep was Cartman thinking that vaginas have balls.

manoverboard365 and domotime2 like this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Not sure how I feel about this episode. They tried to cram too much in without developing on them much.

6. ragnarokstar

Regular

Surprisingly mediocre premiere. The jokes weren't hitting with me at all.

7. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

that's what premieres do though...they set up the season...

8. Davjs

Trusted

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The stuff coming out about Hayes today is so upsetting

10. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed. That's what happens when you involve yourself in something like Scientology. Strange it took this long for it to come out.

11. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

that episode was so funny oh my god

12. devenstonow

Noobie

solid episode. Butters' one line being him laughing at a Cartman criticism was solid.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

The ways in which Scientology openly abuses people is evidence that the country generally is too hands-off when it comes to classifying something as religion. Other countries have been more willing to go at that pyramid scheme cult for what it is.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Eh, what you say isn't untrue but it's also someone's choice to join and stay in. Our Government doesn't need anymore power....

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The real inconsistency was how Randy told the pollster that their household is usually a "Giant Douche" house but will be voting "Turd Sandwich" this time. It's been well-established that Randy is a Democrat (see: "About Last Night," "I'm a Little Bit Country") so why he would say he usually votes Republican confused me.

16. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The Giant Douche was the democrat last time I think

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

It would not take much. Start taxing them as a corporation, instead of exempting them like a religion, and they would be in a very different position.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I enjoyed it but I'm just going to have to accept the fact that this show will never be what it was in seasons 1-9. I have enjoyed the last couple of seasons more than 11-14 so I'm glad the show is still running and I look forward to see what they do each week. They used to be able to tackle a complex issue in an unpredictable way, and while the topic of the week would be part of the plot, the show would rely on much broader themes, and offer insight into them through a podunk town and 4 8-year olds. Now everything feels different but hopefully they use the season style plots to do some great things.

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

hahahaha sorry the tv is on in the other room and i heard the espn guy say "megan rapinoe, usa about to face thailand, about 30minutes from now, the big question...what will she do during the national anthem. all eyes are on rapinoe"

i cant hahah

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Last time it wasn't clear which side was which - which was kind of the point. Having them take actual sides kind of defeats the purpose of it, in my opinion.

21. Anthony_

The golden age of this show is definitely seasons 6-10, in my opinion (although an argument can definitely be made for 5's inclusion in there as well). The greatness of season 10 cannot be overstated.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I think it was pretty clear Bush was the turd sandwich

23. Anthony_

They were both saying pretty nondescript, generalized things. If you go back and watch the episode, the language the Douche and Turd use is just standard, boilerplate politician talk. Because, ultimately, the point was that they're all the same, whether they have an (R) or a (D) next to their names.

24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I would say Bush was the Turd Sandwich namely because in the original episode, Cartman thought of Turd Sandwich, and his campaign was largely parodying the Bush campaign in 2004.

Also the fact that I'm debating what makes a politician a Turd Sandwich rather than a Giant Douche is a sad realization about the political landscape of America.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Seasons 3 and 4 had the Chinpokomon, the NYE party with God, KoRn's Halloween, the racist flag, boy band, fat camp and two part do the handicap go to hell episodes. 3 and 4 are musts. I agree with 5 and 10 as well. Cripple fight, Cartmanland, WOW, the dog whisperer lol, so many great ones.

The legacy this show will have..... :-)