Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Assuming they wrote it too? I hope so at least. Super exciting news

2. soggytime

Trusted

South Park is now on HBO Max - and they have also removed Cartoon Wars in addition to the others that were already banned

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I accept I'm totally in the minority here but I cant wait to see what these guys come up with after all this shit in 2020

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the episodes where it’s just the kids doing stupid kids shit or whatever more than the topical episodes. episodes like Awesom O, Christian Rock Hard, and Marjorine for example.

I think the last thing we need is some enlightened centrism on covid while we are living it.

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

More Killer Mike songs please

6. soggytime

Trusted

Matt & Trey might be conservatives, but they also seem to be "Never-Trumpers". I can imagine them not being cool with the handling of this pandemic at all and its hard to imagine it not getting addressed in season 24

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

they’re more libertarian

8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

if they used a covid season to put governors on blast for prematurely re-opening then that would be cool and funny. but they seem unwilling to criticize politicians lately. It almost feels like they are apologetic to the Tea Party movement or something since they seemingly used to be libertarians.

idk if they stay super topical they need to shit or get off the pot

9. soggytime

Trusted

Idk they seem to pretty willing to criticize politicians as well (just not every episode) - Season 22 had the "Put it Down" episode which directly tackled the president's tweeting habits as well as the guys that enable him like McConnell

Your Milkshake likes this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I admittedly haven’t seen that one but from what I have seen of the last couple seasons they don’t spend hardly any time criticizing this chaos administration and the Mr Garrison thing in practice just ends up being a light cop out imo

11. domotime2

I thought they avoided trump specifically because they didnt want to give him a spotlight

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They've gone pretty hard on Trump, especially during the 2016 season. I mean it's pretty clear how they feel about him (they hate him). Just look at the Witch Hunt episode as well.

soggytime likes this.
  13. soggytime

Trusted

That was part of the reason they used Garrison. They didn't want their show to say his name and give him more attention, and then they thought the whole thing would be over and done with when they did their first Trump episode. Then of course, everything went nuts and they got stuck with him (hence the mess that is season 20).

So they do say they don't want to do more trump stuff, but then it kinda becomes unavoidable and they do episodes like the tweeting one anyway

domotime2 likes this.
  14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Stranger things have happened in South Park than Mr Garrison losing an election to the real Trump. again, the way they’ve gone about it feels like a cop out to me. I’d rather they not do it at all than the way they are doing it.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

re: white actors voicing PoCs

16. Anthony_

Yeah I wonder how South Park is going to handle this, if at all. They’re kind of in a unique situation where like 90% of the voice work on the show is Trey and Matt, and they voice side characters regardless of those characters’ race/gender. But then the most prominent character of color on the show, Token, is actually voiced by a black actor. So yeah idk what they’re going to do about all those other voices.

17. domotime2

nothing i assume

i expect an episode about it though that's for sure

18. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Chef was voiced by a black actor also. I can’t think of other regular poc characters. I think there was an episode that showed the Chinese food store owner is actually a white character lol...am I remembering that wrong?

19. Anthony_

Yeah Mr. Kim is actually white

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

how many people even do voice acting for this show, 5?

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah I think they ended up making him part of a Split spoof and he’s one of the personalities of someone with split personality disorder. I forget how it ends but somehow Mr. Kim reminds the dominant personality

22. Anthony_

yeah that’s what I was saying. 90% of the voices are Trey and Matt. The most common non-Trey and Matt voices are like the four kids’ mothers, Token, Ike, and the female children.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

least surprising thing ever

24. soggytime

Trusted

What is surprising is they have something to show us this far in advance, and it's an hour long

25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

oh my god im excited for that haha

domotime2 likes this.