Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. scroopy.noopers

: (

as much as i love the topical stuff, i still think the zip line episode is one of the best they've done

2. devenstonow

Noobie

It was on earlier today and I was so happy. The live action part gets me every time.

and of course "shaka brah".

I also totally forgot that that was an episode I actually saw when it premiered. Thought it was an older episode for some reason

3. Last season was one of my favorite seasons they've done. PC Principal is awesome. So happy they are keeping him around.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Tonight's episode is the first new South Park I've watched in a while. I was glad to see I still really enjoyed it. The Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich joke is still going strong lol.

Could anyone tell me how the episode ended though? My recording cut off with a minute or two to go I think. The last thing I saw was Kyle's dad going into his office and then it cut off.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fun episode. Went by super fast, I was surprised when the credits started going.

6. Greg

it shows him logging on to the school message board as snakehunt or whatever the troll name was. Then it ends.

7. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Lol of course, thanks man! Also, I believe it's skankhunt42 =P

8. Greg

Oh yea, I have awful short term memory at times.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

That was painful to watch.

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

So they're building up stuff to last for the whole season it looks like. I liked the bit of getting JJ Abrams.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

It was such an amaizng episode.

domotime2 likes this.
  12. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

that episode was prime. they rarely start off a season that is so on point, and they nailed this one.

also glad they're doing continuous seasons now.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

At least once a season they have an episode like this where it becomes hard to justify continuing to watch the show. They completely waste the National Anthem controversy with a joke about J.J. Abrams and the pointless "now your protest is moot because everyone can sit".

The only funny part of the episode is when Butters started laughing when one of the girls threw insults back at Cartman. It helped to wash out the taste of the return of PC Principal.

14. How can anyone that likes this show not like PC Principal?

15. Anthony_ Sep 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That was...a busy episode.

You know, it's funny how much this show has changed over the last two years. Used to be, a season premiere of South Park was really no different than a season finale of South Park. As in, season finales of this series have kind of rarely ever been epic, mind-blowing affairs; they've usually just been like any other episode. But now, with this move towards serialization that began in Season 18 before pretty much permeating all of Season 19, we may actually have the first episode of South Park that actually feels like a "season premiere."

This was all about setting up plot threads for the remainder of the season. If anything, this season appears like it's going to be even more plot-heavy and serialized than last year. It's almost as if this episode can't really stand on its own, which, again, is something the show has never done before (barring episodes intended to be two- or three-parters, of course). I was honestly surprised at how much was going on.

That said, there was still a lot to enjoy about this episode. Bringing back Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich could not have felt more appropriate (even if, back in 2004 when the original episode aired, only one of the two candidates could fairly be described using either of the two names). I thought Cartman had some seriously funny lines, specifically during the children's book scene and during the part where he pretends he was beaten up. The Member Berries reveal with Randy was also pretty clever.

My one serious gripe would probably be that there wasn't enough PC Principal, mainly because he was one of the most inspired parts of last season. I assume his role will expand as the season moves along, and besides there was already enough going on here tonight, but I still wanted to see more of him.

Looking forward to where this season goes from here. Buckle up, buckaroos.

RuckerPark likes this.
  16. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

Yeah, good start up episode that was all over the place. And Memberberries was an incredible concept. Remember Chewbacca, again?!

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

always great. fucking love this show. Member Berries...haha another awesome visual for the show. Great stuff.

definitely busy. Fucking dead for the intro with the "who will sit for national anthem" and the tokens life matters shirt is a stroke of genius. you HAVE to bring back Turd Sandwhich/Giant douche I mean....duh.

I sorta wish we were starting a new thread honestly, but whatever. I love this show so it's all good.

Ya'll are so fucking hard to please sometimes haha. I just sit back and laugh or...don't. I'm never like mad or frustrated or anything...if the show is really that bad I would've stopped watching a long time ago

Vivatoto and RuckerPark like this.
  18. ForestOfAllusion

Also strictly from political standpoint I figured Trump to be Turd Sandwich and Clinton being Giant Douche, not the way the show had it.... just me

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Nah. Trump is TOTALLY the douche. Douche is like = asshole. but then again turd is like calling someone a piece of shit. I can debate this all night if you want lol

20. Morrissey

Trusted

It was made more confusing by Randy saying that the family was traditionally in favor of the former. The show has always portrayed the Marsh family as Democrats.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. ForestOfAllusion

throwdown. nah, I personally think Trump is a racist carnival barker ape and Clinton is a corporate shill pseudo-liar - they both deserve any label they can get, it's weird in the context of the show I was just saying the other day how this election exemplifies the 2004 giant douche v turd sandwich formula and they brought it back. love it.

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Memberberries is such a funny concept, I just about died when they went from pop culture references to being racist/conservative. Also thought it was funny that they were treated as if it was like pot or something.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow you guys weren't kidding, this did end abruptly. Seemed like mostly just setup although I did have some laughs from the Memberberries

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Pretty sure Bebe had a Lorde poster in her room

25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Great premiere.