Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9/26

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Davjs likes this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Premiere tomorrow is called “Dead Kids”, is about school shootings, and I am concerned.

4. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

To be fair, their commercials are already ahead of you...

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Good time to bring this article up and maybe for this thread to discuss how this show might have caused more real-life harm to the world than what we initially realized

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Like, maybe one of the reasons they didn't fully go there with taking aim at Trump was because they may or may not have contributed to a very real scenario of him being able to run for office to begin with

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Matt and Trey should own up to it honestly. They channeled their shitty views through that show and them trying to dance around it is bullshit.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll always wonder what kind of show SP would be if P&S were super left-leaning or even just standard democrats instead of having near equal contempt for both the left and right

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

They lean more libertarian

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

It'd be......like every other show? I dunno. I think having them having contempt for both sides is what makes it great and allows them to make fun of everyone.

T.K., RuckerPark and Kyle Max like this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

But they don't really have contempt for both sides, at least in recent years. To witness what was happening in our country and not take a firm stance as the bastion of satire that they are is to enable the right.

In addition to the entire PC storyline. Fuck em

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also think of all the harm the Mrs Garrison storyline has probably done, I know other shows have been transphobic but that whole episode that said being trans is like wanting to be a dolphin was huge

14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

How could you take the 2016 season as treating both sides with equal contempt?

The whole storyline revolved around Trump being the next coming of Hitler, while Clinton was simply too inept a candidate and campaigner to get past him. I don't think poking fun at Hillary accurately quite equates to Memberberries talking about Trump ushering in the SS, his "kill and rape them all" stuff, etc.

I don't know how much further they could've possibly gone and remained satire/comedy.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I stopped watching it

16. Serh Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Basically, I'm pointing out (as I discussed with a friend of mine earlier) that South Park has overall become the show that launched a million Well Actually's. They have no small role in practically normalizing trolling as a political philosophy, and that's probably gonna be one of the main things the future will note about the show, even though they have had more than twenty consecutive good (or better) seasons and counting

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I consumed so much South Park as a teenager it's amazing I didn't end up becoming the worst kind of adult male

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Agreed, and I know many people who did go down the other path

19. Davjs

Trusted

Very strange episode. Some great laughs for sure but not sure what the message was. Maybe there wasn't one, but that's unlike this show.

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That sounds like this show now. They're still going through the motions of dealing with current events, but more and more out of touch and without purpose.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like they used to be able to tie in current events better than they’ve been doing lately. It’s too much without reason.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I liked the Cartman/Token story but I feel like the school shooting story definitely could have used more work, though I like what they did in theory it didn't feel fleshed out enough

Kyle Max and Davjs like this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, the Randy/Sharon stuff could've been pulled off better. Also, does this mean that P&S hated Black Panther like they did The Force Awakens?

24. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Cartman almost never shares the same viewpoint as Matt and Trey, so probably not.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, I feel like at the end when Sharon says Stan was the one shot, Randy should of freaked out like she had been doing. That maybe would have made a point that we've all become numb to it and don't seem to care until it happens to us? I dunno. That whole thing was sloppy for sure.