Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Robk and Nathan like this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I always preferred the kids as kids centric episodes. Fun With Weapons is probably my personal fav

jawstheme and Davjs like this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

Those non-current events episodes were the best episodes, though. They were never really that big on Clinton, Bush, or Obama either.

Your Milkshake and jawstheme like this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean, they did just do a whole season based partly around him and the conditions which give rise to someone like that becoming president ("Member Berries"). Plus Garrison-as-Trump was a big part of the prior season as well. And I find it pretty hard to see any argument where they can be said to agree with or support Trump in any way. I'm not inclined to take the statements in that Daily Dot piece Film Crit Hulk tweeted as being insincere; they're probably ready to ditch the overly-current event-focused and serialized stuff and go back to "Cartman dressing like a robot and fucking with Butters," as Trey said.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Trey was on the most recent Nerdist ep and he reiterated going back to focusing on the kids and basically felt done with the Garrison as president arc

Davjs and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

that bodes very well for the future of the show imo

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Agreed. The connected current event stuff was fun for a bit, but I miss the character focused stuff.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  9. brentkid

Regular

With you on this. It was fun for about one season and maybe a few eps into the second, but I got bored with it after that. Watching older episodes makes you miss the totally random stories that they'd come up with.

trevorshmevor and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The best this show ever is is when it's silly kid character stuff. But their stance on Trump and how they handled him indicts how bullshit the shows political POV has always been.

11. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Somebody catch me up here: why would anyone interpret last season as being "neutral" on Trump or having a "bullshit" political POV? Did the guys say something controversial more recently off the show?

In any case, I've found the majority of my favorite episodes incorporate some current events or pop culture while not being overtly political. The overtly political episodes are rarely their best; but then, at the same time, the truly off-the-wall stories like Coon & Friends aren't, either.

12. Morrissey

Trusted

They are never going to go all-in like so many other comedy shows have. People forget that this show has had entire episodes around saying that global warming is a lie and secondhand smoke is not an issue.

jawstheme likes this.
  13. Anthony_

I think "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow" was more just a parody of disaster movies than a criticism of global warming. And "Manbearpig" was more just an excuse to make fun of Al Gore than explicitly being against global warming too. And "Butt Out" was more just taking one of their pseudo-libertarian viewpoints and saying that if someone wants to smoke, knowing full well the harmfulness of it, then they should be allowed to do so. And also an excuse to make fun of Rob Reiner; celebrity self-importance is another frequent target of theirs, after all.

But yeah I never expected them to do any more against Trump than they already have. And even what they already did was more than I would've expected.

Davjs likes this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

if i were to guess. id bet they toss in Garrison here and there throughout the season (especially if trump does something that must be parodied)... but it seems like they're gonna do single episodes this year. Sounds fine either way.

15. Morrissey

Trusted

What makes them pseudo-libertarian?

16. Anthony_ Jul 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2017)
    Anthony_

Their positions vacillate between libertarianism and other political viewpoints. A good portion of the time they seem to be espousing libertarianism, or at least a lot of people like to say they are, but then out of the blue they'll do something like "Margaritaville," which seems to be an indictment of de-regulation of the financial industry. So I don't really know what else to call them. It's also why I always scratch my head whenever people try to lump them into any one ideology.

I also realized I'm using "pseudo-" incorrectly. I meant more like "sort of" libertarian.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I use this every time I find out someone likes one of Ayn Rand's books.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

back September 13th

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This show turned 20 today apparently

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

just watched the SoDaSoPa episode. i'm dead. those commercials for 'the lofts' and 'the residences'... amazing.

chewbacca110, Ken, Surfwax and 2 others like this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

"With beautiful views of Kenny's house"

domotime2 likes this.
  22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Premiere title White People Renovating Houses lol

24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I am so excited