Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

South Park (Comedy Central) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Surprised nobody made this already

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah I was waiting on this one. Need the new game

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, I might actually be more excited for the next game than I am for the next season. The last one was perfect.

4. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

brb, reinstalling stick of truth.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Was going to post this myself because I just watched it. South Park's 19th season was definitely one of the show's most ambitious, intelligent, and well-constructed. The season-long commentary on PC culture and consumerism was incredible. This is an extremely important video for anyone to watch, not just fans of the show.

Joe and Vivatoto like this.
  7. Vivatoto

I was watching Cartman's Silly Hate Crime the other day and Cartman shitting off screen just about did me in

8. This show gets better with each season.

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I don't agree, but I think the last few seasons have been better than the middle run of like 11-14.

Cody likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Vivatoto

Going to be the best

12. If you pre-order the game, you get Stick of Truth for free. Perfect deal for me since I never played through SoT.

13. Serh Jul 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2016)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Season 20 premiere 9/14

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

They've really carved out some nice seasons in the later ones here, I agree. There have been some real overall season stinkers, but it's been a bit since last we had one.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. scroopy.noopers

: (

Saw someone share this on fb who is very pro-police. He also might be one of those people who is consistently baffled by Onion articles.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

So it is an episode that will be too dated to watch in a year?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Vivatoto likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

and that's being generous

20. I'm excited!

21. Vivatoto

Yeah that's going to be great.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Read: The past 10 seasons

23. Davjs

Trusted

Nothing in South Park feels dated to me, the old episodes with topical comedy are still funny to me. When Obama gets elected, making fun of Jersey Shore, the Government bail outs, ect are all still hilarious.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

You can be topical while still having enough universal content to register beyond a month. The rainforest episode is a classic, but that type of advocacy about the rainforest is tied deeply to the late 90's. It works because it gets to broader themes. A lot of the Glenn Beck/George Zimmerman stuff is hard to watch now because of how stale the subject matter is.

That is the problem with the flavor of the week. If the Kaepernick story did not develop this month, what would they be showing for their first episode of the season? I wonder how much they have backed up for slow news months. Would it have been boring Trump or Clinton stuff?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

I mean, to each their own I guess. I don't think any of that topical stuff you mentioned is any less funny with time because it's the characters reactions to what is going on that I get the laughs from. I also wouldn't call Trump and Clinton stuff boring, they've been jokes on the show previously and are so good. I'll take more of that please.....even though Trump is dead in the show.