Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

SoudShare: A Social Network for Music Fans

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Voorhees, writing for MacStories, looks at new social network built just for music fans:

SoundShare is an iPhone-only app designed to break down the walls between competing streaming services so that it’s easier to share music with your friends. Integration with Apple Music, Spotify, and Deezer allows music sharing with others and collaboration on playlists regardless of which service your friends use.

2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

3. Brandon Allin likes this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I've been playing with this for the past 24 hours and it's okay. I'm the minority of my friends and use exclusivley Apple Music. It's given me no problems but I miss the social aspect from Spotify. I thought this would be the fix and it's close. My biggest complaint is that it's not passively updating my feed when using the Apple Music player. Instead you have to use their (slow) player or manually share via AM. I only really follow what a few of my friends are listening to but it was so easy to send someone an album or song and discuss it right there in the service.

Maybe the Apple Music revamp will add some of the features I think would make Apple Music the killer streaming service I want it to be. Who knows.

5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Not sure if you have seen this glitch but the title is correct on the front page but wrong at the top of this page still. Just giving a heads up.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Follow me on this and I'll follow back @teebswilliams