Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorry - 925 (March 27, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Mar 28, 2020.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this. Some really intricately innovative arty post-punk out of London. Really came out of nowhere for me. Loving this record.

OhTheWater likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Super into this record. Parts kinda remind me of Speedy Ortiz but it's also got that really strong weirdo post-punk vibe.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  3. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Been listening to this all weekend, and I absolutely love it. Really scratches an itch for me.

Hated the first listen. I went into thinking it would be generic indie rock, and just spent the whole way through trying to figure out what was going on. It just instantly clicked on the second listen without that expectation.

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

This is so good, shame people sleep. "Right Round the Clock", "Heather", and "Ode to Boy" are my current faves.

bedwettingcosmo and AFoolsGlory like this.
  5. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Starstruck too. Such a good record. I expected it to be getting a bit of publicity on this site, seems like it would be right up Jason's street.

6. bedwettingcosmo

yeah this is criminally slept on

7. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

If it's any consolation, I think it's doing okay in the UK. I only heard about it because I think it's doing okay in the charts or something

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I like this

9. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

This is so good. Their pair of voices remind me of Courtney Barnett and King Krule sometimes. And the horns and guitar work really elevate the whole thing

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

I def hear Courtney Barnett throughout this

bedwettingcosmo and Justin Roux like this.
  11. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

The end of Wolf is sooooo sick

12. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

This definitely helps explain why I was so drawn to it. Will listen to absolutely anything that even hints at being similar to Courtney Barnett haha.

Justin Roux likes this.
  13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Live album up on their bandcamp if you wanna spend $925 for the digital lmfao. Two new tracks on it.

A Night At The Windmill, by Sorry

release date listed as March 12, so I’m assuming it’ll get a wide release at that point.

AFoolsGlory and OhTheWater like this.
  14. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

I don't know if it will. It's a charity release, so I think it might end up being limited?

15. username

hey you lil piss baby

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. Aaron Mook Mar 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2021)
    Late to this but it fucking rules, reminds me of a cross between King Krule and Crumb or Daughter

17. Subbing so I’ll remember to listen to this

18. Damn, I cannot stop listening to this record. It's like pop music from hell with a nice post-punk edge to it. So catchy and unique

bradsonemanband and AFoolsGlory like this.
  19. username

hey you lil piss baby

“Cigarette Packet” is a total tune, fun direction for them

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

New EP. The two songs from last month + 3 more

21. Yesss

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

listening to the Twixtustwain rn and this is fucking wacky. not sure how i feel about it yet lol

23. The EP is a grower for sure but it just clicked with me. "Cigarette Packet" is a certified banger

24. Aaron Mook Apr 21, 2022
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2022)

Good song! Sounds like there will be a full album this year.

25. bedwettingcosmo

new album "anywhere but here" october 7