Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Not a big fan of this one

2. I really like this one, gave me The Mechanic vibes? that's probably just a me thing but whatever.

oh and I like Joy, Departed now

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I like what they're going for with this track but I'm not sure I like Cam's delivery all too much. Definitely nowhere near as good as No Halo.

4. Joe4th

It felt like it was building up to something, but it stayed the same and left me wanting more and kind of disappointed. No Halo is still fantastic

5. Love the JB reference on this one.

local_corn and Joe4th like this.
  6. Joe4th

I'm sure I'll still enjoy the record, and after a second listen this one is growing on me. Glad they decided to experiment and branch out a little more

7. what

Regular

Didn't love it as much as no halo but it's good. I'll probably like it more in context

ECV likes this.
  8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

New song convenced me to preorder.

jordalsh likes this.
  9. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

That song is cool but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as No Halo. Maybe it will grow on me in context. The Julien Baker reference is pretty neat.

10. You can really hear Sapone on this one, imo. Great song

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't wait for the record to come out and everyone say this song is perfect in context ha.. that always happens

KidLightning and ECV like this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

song is okay, couldn't help but compare it to a better daughter/son because of the shout out which works against it a little. his delivery reminds me of their last ep

Gjpeace likes this.
  13. Kmil

Trusted

Haven't really been too into either of these songs, but I'm sure after repeat listens on the album I will come to feel better about them

14. Song is much better within the context of the entire album

sean_rugy, Jesse West, ECV and 2 others like this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think it's a bad song at all. Nowhere near as good as No Halo, but still a strong song that will surely grow on me. Listened to it once yesterday and it was in my head all night. Listened a few more times today.

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah I know I would be all over it if I wasn't like stupidly hung up on weird RK comparisons. I will definitely get past it though

17. Sybil

Regular

It just feels lazy somewhat...but I assume that's the intended vibe. The lyrics aren't anything mindblowing(to make up for the lack of anything else in the song), the singing/melody is almost non-existent, and instrumentally the song doesn't do anything interesting.....

This is the 4th track on the album? Weird. I can see this fitting towards the end of an album...kind of like a outro.

I was hyped about this album, and enjoyed "Joy, departed", but this new track does very little for me. Do love that Sapone though!! :heart: haha.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone else feel a major Deja entendu influence on joy, departed?

19. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I think the newest song released will be better in the context of the album. Still a good song - but No Halo really delivered.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This one isn't as good but I think in the context of the album expect it to be very good. Very excited for this. Joy, Departed took a while for me but this seems more immediate.

21. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to Joy, Departed in preparation for this. Nolsey has hit me at the right time now and I need to hear this new record.

EmmanuelSCastle and teebs41 like this.
  24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Looks like Disappeared is on Apple Music, I was just listening to the singles and all of a sudden it started playing lol probably my least favorite but still pretty good.

25. Joe4th

I like Disappeared, still doesn't touch No Halo though.