Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 9, 2017.

1. latortuga

Regular

Both agree and disagree - I think you're right on the first count but wrong on the second and that these songs sound like they fit perfectly in with the sound of this album.

Love em!

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

These songs are good, and feel like they're tracks 5 and 6 to "It Kindly Stopped For Me." But 'You're Not As" is already 50/50 up-tempo/down-tempo. Putting these two on the tecord would have tipped the scales to give the whole record a different feel, in my opinion. And maybe not for the better.

I say this as someone with 'You're Not As' in my top 5 for the year. I enjoy it that much. But it's perfectly balanced in my mind, and this would throw that off significantly.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

enjoying this a ton again. want more like it.

JM95 likes this.
  4. I was just gonna say that this has re entered my rotation.

It’s really good

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Still a top 3 album for me. It’s between this Science Fiction, and Always Foreign.

JM95 and teebs41 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Good too 3. Real good top 3

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

you all better be listening to Small Circle!

cwhit likes this.
  8. Contender

9. Contender

Spooky

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

No Halo still wrecks me

CarpetElf and JM95 like this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This album is still in rotation. What a fantastic band. Two great albums in a row now.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. wearethedead

missing out

I slept on this album like an idiot. Because of a lot of shitty life-stuff I didn't listen to much new music in the first few months of 2017 so I have been catching up on some old/new releases. This is really incredible. My first full listen was in the car going to work this morning (the CD had just arrived so I had to throw it straight in) and by track two I genuinely was fighting back tears (which really does make driving difficult, btw). It is quite reminiscent of Holy Ghost by Modern Baseball, but lyrically resonates with me even more than that album did. I can't believe how much music I love has come out this year.

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Love this album and all of the raw lyrics and emotion.

How do other people feel about the closer "New Room". I'm not big on it.

14. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I like it, it's a good closer. but I'm not sure if it's as good a song as Leave the Fan On.

15. wearethedead

missing out

I like it. I see "Leave The Fan On" as the closer and "New Room" as kind of an epilogue

16. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, New Room is one of those songs where it only can fit at the end. It would be weird anywhere else, but it’s still probably my least favorite track.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Excited to hear this live next month

Contender likes this.
  18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Saw that the vinyl was on sale so i sent a link to my fam, crossing my fingers someone gets it for me for Xmas :) it’s really pretty lookin

teebs41 likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them play a random college show last night. I caught the first night of tour and last night which I didn't realize.

They sounded way better last night, but what a strange crowd. Mainly just young college kids who definitely didn't know who they were, but it was still cool

First Letter From St Sean
    Leave The Fan On
    Second Letter From St Julien
    Rory Shield
    Nolsey
    Good News (Julien Baker cover) partial
    Blonde Hair, Black Lungs
    Where Are You
    Using
    Cotton Crush (Kevin Devine cover) partial
    Dirty Ickes
    Art School Wannabee
    Fluorescent Black
    A Better Sun
    I Can Feel A Hot One (Manchester Orchestra cover) partial
    No Halo

Contender likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I had NO idea they were playing this show until it showed up on my Facebook newsfeed yesterday and was like oh, cool, they're playing Oberlin and then saw the date and was like FUCK. Was this show originally on their tour list? I don't remember seeing that.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nope it was super random. I didn't know about it until like last week haha

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

small college shows are generally horrible at promoting them, it's a little embarrassing, i see this quite often

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

@ me next time

Contender and cwhit like this.
  24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hahahahahahahah

it's not just UD don't worry

US Camera likes this.
  25. SPine

Trusted

Lol Oberlin is a strange place, knew a few people that went there. Their student population is as artsy as it gets. I used to play tennis there in high school. Had no idea SN were playing there

JaytotheGee likes this.