Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 9, 2017.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it took me 100 years to get around to this record bc i've never really liked this band before, but yeah this album is remarkable

2. mhudelson

I find it hard to listen to this album in full because... it just hits me so hard. But Cam's talked in interviews about how talking about difficult subjects is uncomfortable- and I think it's really special that he's able to be so gut-wrenchingly honest, while also writing some really witty lyrics. I'm seeing them in a few days in Philly and man, am I excited.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really like this album. Definitely came out of nowhere since I had no real interest in them before/know next to nothing about them, but I return to this more than a lot of other stuff that came out this year.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

charlie is in this band, with ruben from soul glo and pj from clique

Contender likes this.
  5. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

And it's very very good

6. Madmod

Lurking

There's a video of them playing 100 Dollars into Cotton Crush into Dirty Ickes. It's neat.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving Jul 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2017)
    Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

nice

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That was cool, v happy to hear that

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

AndrewSoup likes this.
  10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i don't return to these guys all too often, but man, "Leave the Fan On" is something else.

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  11. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

oh man, that being said, i let it play through to that little acoustic closer and that was nice and resonant too. wondering if i maybe gotta give this record another shot. it's only like 33 minutes

KidLightning likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I still really like the record, I think the production is great and the guitars sound fantastic. My issue is that the lyrics make me a bit uncomfortable at times, and there are a few cringe worthy lines here and there but I think its all sincere stuff and still in my top 10 of the year.

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Cam's inclination towards editing very little is surely the bands weak spot, no matter how relateable or great some of the results have been. Def a mixed bag sometimes

ECV likes this.
  14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Do not listen to this album while going for a run. It will sap all of the motivation right out of you.

But it's still a good album that I also don't return to enough. Maybe this fall/winter I will come back around to it.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This album is cool, but it's just sooooooo heavy lyrically in a very blatant, visceral way. It's a very draining album for me because of that, and therefore one I have trouble reaching for even semi-frequently. There's a chance I'll have a renaissance with it when the air gets colder, but I don't think I've really listened to this in months.

teebs41 and js977 like this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is how I feel. I still really like it but it's not an easy listen

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

18. Rob Hughes Oct 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2017)
    Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Fermata is heartbreaking but lovely

19. second song is so good

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this album can’t wait to hear these songs

21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

“You’re Not As Alone As You Think”

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Leaving those songs off the album was a good choice, it may have really dragged and they don’t seem to fit in well sonically

AshlandATeam likes this.
  23. Madmod

Lurking

I wonder if there is going to be more of these companion EPs.

24. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Fermata would have been a brilliant penultimate/closing track instead of the ones already there imo

25. Madmod

Lurking

Week 51 would have been a great opener as well.