Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think (March 17, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Contender Jan 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2017)
    Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

[​IMG]

1. No Halo
    2. A Portrait Of
    3. First Letter from St. Sean
    4. A Better Sun
    5. Disappeared
    6. Car
    7. Where Are You?
    8. Second Letter from St. Julien
    9. Leave the Fan On
    10. New Room

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh I can't wait

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Mike sapone makes great records, sorority noise makes great records, this is going to be phenomenal

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

You Aren't As Dark As You Think?

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like that could be the record name?

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think it'd be cool if they left the blank in there for the album title, then all the song titles would be one word and could fit into album title. Probably won't happen, but it'd be unique.

Regardless, really looking forward to this.

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I'm surprised that we're hearing about this so soon, Slow Burn just came out last month. No complaints of course.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Been really getting into them lately. Excited for this.

9. here for it

10. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Their output is ridiculous. Joy, Departed in 2015, EP in 2016, and multiple side project releases. I think Cam's released music from at least 3 outlets in 2016.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Thinking we might be getting an official album announcement/song today

Jesse West, KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    Out March 17th. Pre-orders and new music sometime next week.

JRGComedy and teebs41 like this.
  13. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I'm glad that there will be a blank in the album title. It really fits the vibe, and message of the band overall. This is one of my most anticipated records of the first quarter. The song on the split with TWIABP showed clear progression from the last album. I like where they're going with the band.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Reminds me of Park

troyplaysbass likes this.
  15. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I haven't kept up with this band since Joy, Departed. I know they put out the EP and the Split with The World Is... but I haven't listened to either release yet. Definitely looking forward to checking this out though.

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

honestly im not a fan of the album title at all, and think its a pretty ugly cover. super excited regardless though. loved everything they've put out so far.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. PatRFinley

Yeah the artwork could have been better. The Joy, Departed cover is one of my favorite album arts in a while. I do like the title a lot though, definitely fits with the band I think.

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Well I was close. Excited to hear Sapone's influence on their sound.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

If you haven't listened to the EP or split, do it now. Joy, Departed was one of my favorites from 2015, and a great album, but I think the songs that came out over the past year blow all the stuff on Joy, Departed out of the water.

20. Daniel Brittain

@supercooldan

totally agree, he's an inspiration. and i've seen photos of him working with julien baker in the studio at the minute too.

teebs41, Aaron Mook and Justin Roux like this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

don't have a great feeling about this one personally, we'll see. i'll listen but i have a feeling it's about to veer in a direction i do not like very much. last one was a step forward but i feel like this is going to be taking itself wayyyyyy too seriously

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Without any songs yet, it feels like this is a natural progression for them after the last album, and would definitely make sense for them to mature and evolve even more

Daniel Brittain likes this.
  23. Tried really hard to like the last one and just didn't really but maybe I'll like this

24. PatRFinley

I even have the EP on vinyl, I just always forget it exists. I'll have to set some time aside tomorrow and run through their Catalog again. Everything I've listened to I've enjoyed so I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy these, especially after all the good things people have said.

Justin Roux likes this.
  25. I think I'm setting up an interview for this one, so that should be cool