Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - U.S. Tour 2017 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 8, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

No problem! Probably only like 30 mins. I went to the Free Throw one last week and both them and HAM only played for like 15-20 mins each

2. TMS2787

Trusted

That's what I figured it'd be. Like 4-5 songs and around a half-hour. I was just curious because I have to run to the airport between Wax Bodega and Mahallas. Ha

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. SPine

Trusted

McCafferty is local right? I'll check out the obsessives record during the rest of my work day

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I don't like them personally but I might go check out their set

5. TMS2787

Trusted

They are, yeah. In case you missed it: Sorority Noise is playing an acoustic show at Wax Bodega in Lakewood at 4:30. Tickets are $3.

6. SPine

Trusted

I'm checking them out now, might have been in this thread or somewhere else but I see why people say stuff about the front bottoms similarities. I did see that about the in store, unfortunately I'll still be at work

7. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I get a real Front Bottoms vibe from them. I jammed "Details" a lot this winter. I'd show up early for him. But that's a focus group of one here.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

obsesives are my favorite band on this lineup right now

9. SPine

Trusted

Listening to the new The Obsessive's album. It's pretty good, I'll check them out. I'm rocking this show solo so if you if you see a tall dude with a cream colored shirt that says Ohio Brew Week on it that's me

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'll have a black PUP shirt on if you want to say whats up finally!

11. SPine

Trusted

I didn't see you at PUP the other night. I was a little drunk at Pinegrove haha. I'll look out for you tonight

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's really hard to find people at these sold out Mahalls shows haha I had a lot of friends there both nights and barely saw anyone. I was also pretty drunk at PUP to be fair

13. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I used to work with the singer of McCafferty. He is a good guy. He told me he just got the same agent as Brand New and Modern Baseball. This will be my first time actually seeing them. He took a break for awhile.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I could have told you these dates back in September when NBA announced the first date of NBA Finals but here's one source. For years, the format was Thursdays, Sunday and Tuesdays only. They switched it up last year to give 2 days off in between travel days. So instead of Game 3 being on a Tuesday, it's on a Wednesday now. Which pushes Game 4 back to Friday instead of Thursday.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely bummed I won't be there tonight.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I never once listened to McCafferty but just pulled them up on YouTube and yeah, sounds almost identical to The Front Bottoms.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

I know the format. But I didn't see any credible source so I was looking for one because I was trying to plan work and stuff two weeks ago by giving my predictions on when they'd play since I have tickets for U2 on that Wednesday so fuck. Lol. Thanks man.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

The acoustic show this afternoon was pretty damn good.

Second Letter From St. Julie
    Car
    David Bazan Cover
    ?? (She wakes up to an alarm at 7:30am)
    CorrgiaN
    Still Shrill
    Mix Tape (Partial)
    Clip Your Own Wings (Old Gray)
    No Halo
    Disappeared

I'm glad I was able to make it. It was nice to see a crowd be so quiet for an acoustic set and I think the turn out of about 45 people was pretty good. Looking forward to the whole thing later.

19. Turkeylegz

Trusted

How did you get into an acoustic show? Was it free?

20. TMS2787

Trusted

It was at Wax Bodega down the street, it was $3 which was a donation to GRFC. They announced it a few days ago.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Pretty sure ?? is a new, unreleased song

22. TMS2787

Trusted

?? is a song that didn't make the album he said. But he didn't say a title to it.

23. TMS2787

Trusted

I ended up missing Mat's set on Friday which really sucked because I wanted to see him with a full band but I guess it just wasn't in the cards.

Sorority Noise was good, I have just recently got into them when the new album
    came out (I missed them opening for Citizen and then Bayside / The Menzingers last year) so this was my first time seeing them. I thought they sounded good and the crowd was going nuts the entire set. I thought the set was kind of short at just under an hour but I guess I just expect too much for bands in the lengthy of the set, lol.

Art School Wannabe
    Mediocre at Best
    Dirty Ickes
    A Portrait Of
    Corrigan
    Rory Shield
    Car
    Nolsey
    Blonde Hair, Black Lungs
    A Better Sun
    I Can Feel A Hot One [MO cover / Partial]
    No Halo
    Mononokay
    Using

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were really great Friday

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Few things I forgot to mention:

-Cameron said they'll be back in the fall and they'll be support but couldn't say with who.

-Mat said the new Citizen album will be out in October. And they may or may not have a song out for the AFI / Circa Survive tour. But he wasn't sure because "I never remember this shit", lol.

JaytotheGee likes this.