Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise - U.S. Tour 2017 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Im the exact opposite of you! I made the decision to go to both this and Bayside. I actually at a concert the night the Cavs won it all. I hate the spring concert season since Lebrons return! Im always so wary of going to any concerts!

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, you went to a concert during Game 7 of the NBA Finals??? That's blasphemy!

Turkeylegz and JaytotheGee like this.
  3. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Does Mat play any Citizen songs or nah? Also Remo Drive is playing my date and I'm hype.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Any one have info on set times? I'd like to try to make it tomorrow but I have a ton of work to get done, so I'm hoping to get there right before Sorority Noise.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Going to Patchwork on Saturday!

6. TMS2787

Trusted

When I saw him do a one-off college bar show in the fall, this was the setlist:

Mat Kerekes Setlist at Jolly Scholar, Cleveland

There where about 25 people there. And I'd say 18 of them where just in there because it was a campus bar. He asked if anyone wanted to hear anything and we yelled out a few of the songs. So I don't think this tour will see a setlist anything like that because the only other one on setlist.fm has no citizen songs.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

When he did his full band headliner at the beginning of the year he didn't play any Citizen songs. I would assume same deal here

8. TMS2787

Trusted

I didn't know he was playing with a band. I guess that makes sense why he isn't doing Citizen songs.

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Haha I just saw this, what concert did you go to during game 7?! That's crazy!

I was actually at a show during game 1 of the Finals - The Dear Hunter, O'Brother, and Rare Futures down in Akron. I got tickets for the show months ahead of time without really thinking about playoffs.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The only show I'm nervous about being during the finals this year is Tigers Jaw but it would have to be a very similar schedule to last year for that to happen

11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Twenty One Pilots. I bought it way ahead of time and we were on a vacation based around it (Hershey, PA). I didnt even think about the finals as I booked it. I was so excited after the concert but quickly remembered that I wasnt in Ohio.

bachna84 likes this.
  12. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

How have I not heard of Remo Drive until now? Their set was fantastic.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Are you at the Chicago show? Would you mind telling me who's on right now if you see this? I'm trying to make it there as soon as I can.

14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Mat will be starting within the next 10 minutes

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

natefoundglory likes this.
  16. ncarrab May 12, 2017
    (Last edited: May 12, 2017)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember being disappointed when that tour was announced really early in 2016 thinking that the June Cleveland date would interfere with NBA Finals, which I was right, it was Game 3 at home. I purposely didn't buy tickets for the show because of it. I'm crazy when it comes to any concert announced between mid-April and mid-June. I rarely pull the trigger on any shows.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not sure when the Tiger Jaw show is but the NBA Finals are June 1, June 4, June 7 (Home), June 9 (Home), June 12, June 15 (Home), June 18.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow nice lol didn't realize that was already determined. No conflicts anywhere for me then! Maybe I'll try and find 1975 tix for June 3 since that was holding me back

19. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

The show last night in Chicago was pretty legit. I showed about 5 minutes after Remo Drive started and was surprised how full the place was. It was easily 70% full. RD was actually a lot of fun and the crowd seemed really really into them. I thought the Obsessives were just OK. I couldn't put my finger on it but they just didn't really do too much for me. Mat Kerekes only played like 6 or 7 songs and he was pretty good. I'm not a big Citizen guy but I dig his solo record. It was fun to hear stuff you might not hear again for a long time.

Despite some gear issues at the beginning of the set, SN killed it. As a casual fan who really only knew a handful of songs, I was really impressed with them. They covered the Menzingers and a tiny bit of Manchester Orchestra and played everything I wanted to hear. All in all, good time. Would see again.

Set times:
    Remo Drive - 20 min
    Obsessives - 30 min
    MK - ~25 min
    SN - 60 min

20. TMS2787

Trusted

Mat only played 25 minutes?!!!?!

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Source here?

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Set times tonight:

8-830 Mccafferty
    845-915 The Obsessives
    930-10 Mat Kerekes
    10:15-??? Sorority Noise

23. SPine

Trusted

Don't really know Mccafferty or the obsessives. I'm moving tomorrow so I have to get a bunch of stuff packed up. Worth checking their sets out?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I really like the new Obsessives record, so I'd say yes

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Always coming through in the clutch. Thank you!

Any idea long the in-store will be?