Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise: “You’re Not As _____ As You Think”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Exciting to see what their next album will bring. Joy, Departed was great.

Wonder if that's the title...

3. CMilliken Jan 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2017)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Joy Departed was one of my favorite albums from 2015. So their next is highly anticipated from me. Hope to get some info on it soon. Pretty powerful little clip.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Seconded. Their music has been some of the most emotionally powerful I've heard over the course of their few releases, and I'm curious what the next album will bring.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. relientcasey

Regular

I'm generally excited, but does anyone else feel like Cam is trying to do too much and that the quality of what he's released this year has suffered?

CMilliken likes this.
  6. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

Nah man,The band's been touring a bit more often so I'm assuming the guys have had been putting a lot of writing during those periods. Now, they got time to chill and record everything.

7. CMilliken

Trusted

I have worried about that, but then Old Gray released an amazing album and now I completely trust/will listen to anything he works on. Sorority Noise is definitely my favorite project of his so if he were to put that on hold for another one of his I'd be a little sad.

8. relientcasey

Regular

I need to give the Old Gray record a listen. I haven't vibed too much with their stuff in the past.

What I meant by that is the Sorority Noise EP and his solo work he put out in 2016 just didn't stick with me. I never really came back to it.

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Cam said the EP isn't a preview of how they're going to sound moving forward. It was just a way for them to put out material that wouldn't fit on an album otherwise. I remember reading a tweet saying the new record is completely different from the EP. It does seem like Cam's always working on something, though.

relientcasey likes this.
  10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

So here for this. This band continues to excite me.

11. tshreve

Metalicca

Old Gray's new album was amazing, everything Sorority Noise has released past Forgettable has been pretty bland and forced to me though unfortunately

12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

What an absolutely phenomenal record from start to finish. Cam's writing at its finest imo. I also personally liked this little tidbit from the Stereogum interview