Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise – “No Halo”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. kylethrash

O:-)O:-)O:-)

pauljgreco likes this.
  3. I don't expect anyone else to feel me on this, but the song just reminds me how much I desire a new Let It Happen album.

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This is pretty good. Curious what the rest sounds like.

5. SayHello

Regular

It's painfully obvious this band wants to be The Hotelier or something. Never gotten this band. Song doesn't do anything for me. The album title is idiotic too.

6. Tom Lee

Regular

Really? Having listened to The Hotelier's last two LPs + Sorority Noise's previous EP+LP equally on repeat, I don't think they sound anything alike. For one thing, I think SN are a lot more intimate, particularly as the singer writes a lot more personally about things like mental health and suicide. Live: I'd compare SN more to Brand New than anything else, especially with their use of dynamics.

Both amazing bands imo, in very different ways. Your post is super negative.

7. CMilliken

Trusted

Completely agree with you here! I don't really see that connection about them wanting to be The Hotelier. Both bands are fantastic in their own right.

That being said, I'm stoked for this album!! Love the album title. Love the single. Preordered the Tri color variant. Cant wait to hear the rest of this album as it is one of my most anticipated for 2017.

Aaron Mook and Tom Lee like this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

havent ever listened to SN much but i do like this quite a bit

9. CMilliken

Trusted

Should definitely check out their last album "Joy, Departed". Really good stuff.

js977 likes this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

think i've only ever listened to it kindly stopped for me and possibly the somos split. will definitely check it out.

CMilliken likes this.
  11. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Easily the best song they've written

12. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i didn't like their EP or the song they released on the TWIABP split at all but this is fucking golden

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Also don't really get this band, but the Hotelier comparison is way off.

CMilliken likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

the skipping the funeral lyric did remind me of yr deep rest. songs cool, not great. maybe this band just isnt for me

15. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Pretty surprised you're not a fan actually

Aaron Mook and FTank like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I definitely like it - I'm a sucker for overlapping singing and screaming haha - but I don't love it like everyone else seems to. I've only listened once tho, so it might grow on me

17. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Oh no, I was referring to the "maybe this band just isnt for me" part of your comment.

18. Leftandleaving

lol fair enough. I'm not sure what it is. There's like three or four songs I really like on each album, and the rest I could take or leave. I definitely feel like on paper I should love this band

19. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I love this so much.

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

good stufffff

21. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

This song is really great. I felt a Joy Division influence during the verses which is weird cause it's really melodic compared to JD. But this song is fricking great. It makes me really excited for the album

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah p much, this song is fine but i'm not sold yet

23. Leftandleaving

Who'd've thought casey and I would ever agree

FTank likes this.
  24. This is really good. I haven't listened to Joy Departed in quite some time but I might have to get back into it. This is a band that I don't think of too often, but anytime I hear them I love it.

715creeks likes this.
  25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This song is fucking great. Band is awesome and I'm sure the new album will be too.