Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sorority Noise’s Cameron Boucher on Grief, Religion, and His Band’s New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Cameron Boucher of Sorority Noise sat down with Stereogum:

Sometimes you get the feeling that people in bands are just pandering to certain crowds — If I say this, then people will react — but it’s truly not like that for me. Everything I’m saying and playing is as real as I can be, and I feel like that’s hard to convey. Someone could tell me that a song I wrote sucked, and that’s fine with me — most music is not for most people — but when someone specifically takes a lyric and makes fun of it or makes light of it… That’s incredibly personal for me. That’s hard for me, because it took a lot out of me. So I think the big thing is that I just don’t really pay attention to what people may or may not think, because I write at such a high volume that there’s no buffer for that. Boom, there I am. That’s kind of how it goes.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. This band is really starting to turn into something special.

3. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

One of the best and most heart wrenching interviews ive read in a long time