Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Soor: A Third-Party Apple Music Client for iPhone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Federico Viticci, writing at MacStories:

With the exception of For You (more on this below), all these sections can be turned off in the app’s settings and rearranged so that, for instance, your playlists and recently played albums are at the top of the screen, with Apple Music sections following down in the middle. Soor’s key proposition is this drastic departure from the organization of the Music app: rather than splitting the Library and For You into two separate tabs, Soor lets you mix and match both types of content in the same screen, enabling you to choose the order they’re displayed for faster access.

This looks like something I’ll need to check out this weekend.

2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Of course I come here for music stuff, but I always look forward to the news posts about tech & sports on Chorus. Thanks, Jason.

morken and Jason Tate like this.
  3. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I went ahead and downloaded this. I definitely like the customizability of the dashboard that it gives me, but some of the things he mentions as positives - particularly the smaller graphics to show more info at a time - are going to take some getting used to. It's funny he mentioned Ecoute. I used that for a while, and agree with his assessment of it. Cesium has been the best alternative I've found so far, but I'm excited to explore this one a bit more over the weekend.

Essie likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I read that as "A poor third party" lol i was like that's a strange headline. my brain fill in way too many gaps ha.

5. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

The last 2 paragraphs really killed this for me. Also at 10 bucks it skirts just outside of impulse buy territory

Frank Lapidus likes this.
  6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I agree. If it was $4.99 I would buy it right away just to test.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  7. nrm8821

Does it have a cast option? I use Apple Music on my iPod and Android but I don't have Apple TV or any other Apple products actually. Always been looking for a way to cast it to my Chromecast or something like that.

8. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

It's the same options that you find in the Music app. It appears to only look for Apple TV's, AirPods, etc. That being said, I don't have a chromecast, but my guess is that since this is built of the Music API the answer is no.