Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sony Pictures Makes Deal With Halsey for Movie Inspired by Singer’s Life

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mike Fleming Jr., writing at Deadline:

Sony Pictures has closed a life rights deal with singer/songwriter Halsey. The hope is to develop a movie loosely based on her life, which she would star in. I’m told the closest cousin to what they hope for here is a vehicle that does for her what 8 Mile did for Eminem.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hope we get a dramatized portrayal on the songwriting process of that Harry styles/Taylor swift song she wrote. This is not sarcasm I would watch that.

Jason Tate and skogsraet like this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Don’t have high expectations. Planning on seeing it though, on the off chance it doesn’t get stuck in development

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Whyyyyy

zerotimeseleven likes this.
  5. zerotimeseleven

Agreed. I have no idea why someone would be interested in this. I don't recall her life being nearly as interesting or dramatic as Eminem's.

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I mean, she had a tough/dramatic life as a young person with undiagnosed bipolar disorder and ran in shady circles till she got signed. I don’t see why it’s any more ridiculous than other musician biopics. I’d be interested in it, especially since it could end up meaning a lot to young queer girls to see that story end in success on the big screen.

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’m not sure how far they’d go into her life after signing but there’s plenty of drama there too, what with how quickly she rose to fame, her miscarriage at 21, and touring with a chronic illness. Idk if it’d end up being as interesting as 8 Mile (which I’ve never seen) but it can’t be as boring as Lady Gaga or Katy Perry’s movies

8. zerotimeseleven

8 Mile is actually pretty good. I'd recommend it.

BelieF likes this.
  9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Feels fair to note also that your personal disinterest doesn’t mean there isn’t an audience. She’s a platinum artist with a dedicated social media following that hangs on her every word. Teens show up for what they love.

coleslawed and skogsraet like this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

We are Halsey

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I really hope they pick a mixed race actress to play her

12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Article says she would star as herself

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Brent like this.
  13. Analog Drummer

Regular

Not really sure if she’s big enough or interesting enough. But I wish her luck

zerotimeseleven likes this.
  14. BelieF

Regular

I’d like clarification on what 8 mile did for Eminem or what was implied.

15. zerotimeseleven

Agreed. Maybe it will be amazing and will prove to be something really inspirational. Only time will tell.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I mean Halsey would have a more interesting biopic than me. Mine would be watching ER on Hulu and not moving for 12 hours.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'd watch it, if not only because I want to re-watch the entirely of ER again

coleslawed and Kiana like this.
  18. chilllll

Regular

brah she didnt run in shady circles... just talk to some of the people in suburban nj.... theyll tell you whats really up...