Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Jeff Fowler; Nov 8, 2019) Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by from: skulls, Dec 12, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hmm this was very very bad. pretty obviously made for kids and just kids though

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  2. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

The grown adults who are getting offended that some people don't like a formulaic children's film are super weird to me. Went and saw this stoned (as many of you did) and it was clearly just made for people 10 and under and that's ok but people are defending it like it was a genuinely great movie and any person that wanted it to be better is a jaded idiot.

trevorshmevor and phaynes12 like this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

There’s definitely better kids movies but I saw a lot of stuff to like. My only complaint was the story didn’t seem to flow that well. But my 5 year old just wants to run outside all day long and say he’s Sonic. That’s a win in my book.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. michael_gatto

Trusted

It's a kids movie for sure, but I actually dug this. Outside of the jokes aimed at kids I found it a lot more heartfelt than I was expecting it to be. Also Schwartz brings a lot to the role I think and straight up 90's Jim Carrey was a blast to watch.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just hope this and detective pikachu were able to kick start studios giving video game adaptions a proper chance

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Jim Carrey was very fun. He made the movie for sure.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  7. Carey and Schwartz ruled. Just didn’t like the product placement

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Let’s see what happens with the Mario movie

9. michael_gatto

Trusted

When you're here, you're family.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Product placement never bothers me. It’s more distracting seeing an item that’s been altered to not say Coca-Cola or whatever. That takes my mind out of it more than if someone is just enjoying a Coke.

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

But how do you feel about Olive Garden?

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

Have you heard about the never ending Pasta Bowls? They never end.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s animated so I don’t think we’ll see it merge with Sonic. I’d like to be wrong.

14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Oh I was just saying let’s see if that’s a successful adaptation

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Unless it’s Stranger Things 3 where a character launches into an entire monologue about New Coke out of nowhere.

Lucas27 and trevorshmevor like this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure but at least that was a real product

17. soggytime

Trusted

Maybe the Olive Garden product placement helped cover the re-design

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Do you really think kids their age wouldn't have been talking about New Coke and debating whether or not it was better than OG Coke that summer? Like I never understood the complaints about this, it was a huge controversy when New Coke came out and replaced the original flavor.

I'm no fan of product placement but this one actually made a lot of sense.

19. But what about

aoftbsten, popdisaster00 and Zilla like this.
  20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

pointless thing but in my English class we had to spend a class session watching all these product placement ads in tv/movies and write our thoughts on it. It was fun because some of those ads were shameless.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I mean, it's a minute of the show. But it doesn't come off so much as an argument as it does something out of the product placement scene in "Wayne's World." And "Stranger Things" already had a ton of more natural product placement. To have it be that blatant was weird.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The Olive Garden one was so blatant, it almost distracts from when one character says “come look at this beautiful apartment I found for rent on Zillow” followed by a full 3 second hold on a Zillow page.

Zilla, popdisaster00 and riotspray like this.
  25. I thought they were going to gasp at the $4000 monthly rent but nope lol