Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I figured but was trying to avoid. I have Apple Music on my phone but not on my Mac. It’s a process to manually add songs then redownload all my AM songs.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah I’ve been listening on the Bandcamp App but idk why they don’t have the option to download it directly into the app for offline streaming

3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

The bandcamp app would be amazing with a few tweaks, offline streaming being one of them.

coleslawed, ECV, astereo and 5 others like this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Next to Dangerous Summer, this might be the best alt rock-emo record of 2019 for me. Get Up Kids as Joy Division is a good descriptor. Can't wait to spend more time with this over the warm weekend!

astereo, Jason Tate, sonder and 4 others like this.
  5. i love how '80s this is

6. I played Dreamless on my show tonight and I led into it by paying tribute to Phil. I mentioned he died at the age of 28 and just... couldn't keep it together during the song. Fuck. I'm 27 in November... like... that's no age.

ItsAndrew, dotKev, sonder and 4 others like this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

:heart:

dotKev, sonder, smowashere and 2 others like this.
  8. Despite the circumstances, it makes me so happy to see how much love this record has been getting, and not just here. Always felt they were a pretty under appreciated band in a scene that, as it is, has a super low ceiling. Will always root for these guys. Shout out to the AP.net review that got me to check out Temple

ECV, ItsAndrew, jpmalone4 and 5 others like this.
  9. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Such terrible circumstances, but my god this album is incredible

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This album is every bit as much of a ‘soundtrack to a generation’ record as Worry by Jeff Rosenstock and imo it deserves to garner a similar level of praise. I’m just so blown away by it.

11. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

This is a very good record. I'm fascinated by the mix.

12. congruence

Got a light?

Iron Heel, My Way To You, New Blood, and Dreamless are my favorites right now. Just massive sounding songs while not feeling like they sacrificed anything that made them special on past records

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I wish I’d either thought of the little lick in untraceable past myself or been in the room to see them realize how great it is

14. sawhney[rusted]2

The only thing I hope they fix before the official release is the synthetic drums drop at 3:08 of my way to you....not sure if it sounds like that for anyone else but it sounds ever so slightly off-time

15. jorbjorb, ItsAndrew, teebs41 and 7 others like this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Remember seeing them at Riot Fest a few years ago and have only listened around the album release dates, but this is really something. Truly awful circumstances with Phil's passing but hope they can all find a path forward that is right for them.

17. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I was lucky to see them headline at PhilaMoca in Philly. Super small venue but it was an amazing show.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Just FYI

19. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah this album is absolutely amazing, constantly stuck in my head, so many great tracks.

teebs41, sawhney[rusted]2 and Carrow like this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Finally bought this, listening now. Love the production.

21. congruence

Got a light?

There’s so much good music out from the last few weeks but this is dominating my listening, there’s only great songs and amazing songs on here, no filler. There’s stuff on here that brings me back a few years to when this kind of music made me feel a certain feeling I couldn’t really describe

astereo, sawhney[rusted]2 and morken like this.
  22. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I’m not a huge fan of the drum production here but I need to give it a few more listens. Loved Temple of Plenty, was meh on first day back, this does feel like a step up for sure on first listen! I think this’ll hit me when it starts getting cooler in early fall

waking season likes this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

exactly how I feel!

the songs on the SN & HM splits are incredible as well

TomG and teebs41 like this.
  24. Yeah, I've got to agree on the drum production and your overall thoughts. I also think the vocals hit some flat notes often enough for it to be distracting. That problem made First Day Back a tough listen as well. But there's a lot here to love - the sound and songwriting, which is so unique; the lyrics, which are very relevant; and of course the celebration of the life and work of Phil! I hope the band and people in Phil's life find some closure in all of this.

I also saw someone mention that they hope they fix some part of the mix before Oct - while I don't have any insider info, with a physical release that soon and these being already mastered, I would say this is the final mix/master.

25. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

The only thing I don’t really care for about the drum production is the hi hats being panned so far to the left. It’s such a minor thing for me tho.

trevorshmevor likes this.