Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Somos - Prison On A Hill (Oct 11, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I listened to this like 5-6 times today. It’s a near-perfect record.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This records such a beautiful surprise. Production is phenomenal, record hits hard on so many levels. Instantly a top 10 2019 record for me

3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Revisiting their whole discography tonight after listening to the new album a few times. Streets Upon Streets will always be one of my favorites from them.

4. what a record

bradsonemanband, teebs41 and astereo like this.
  5. The hook on Untraceable Past is so :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

jorbjorb and teebs41 like this.
  6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This is their best album. Will definitely be toward the top of my AOTY list.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the album doesnt sound like peripheral vision but i get some of the same feelings/vibes.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Reminded me of magnolia at some parts

teebs41 likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Farewell to Exile is excellent

teebs41 likes this.
  10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Just bought this. Going to put on headphones and give it a listen to celebrate Phil's life. Such a sad circumstance as to why this got released early.

bradsonemanband and teebs41 like this.
  11. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Instant buy - two tracks in and it's so good. Horrible circumstances but a very nice thing of the band to do for Phil's family.

bradsonemanband and teebs41 like this.
  12. Kmil Aug 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2019)
    Kmil

Trusted

Purchased, not the biggest fan of this band, but I want to support and from what I heard so far this album is fantastic.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. can't get over My Way to You

astereo and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly getting some big Transit vibes on some songs and it’s making me really nostalgic. Echoing what everyone has been saying about this being great and wishing it was released under better circumstances.

astereo and teebs41 like this.
  15. Kmil

Trusted

This is a great album, I think by far their best. If you can support please do so. I threw a bit extra their way as well, but if someone is unable to buy this album, is there any way I can gift on Bandcamp? I'll do it for the next 3 people if possible to gift. Please only take me up on this offer if you truly are unable, you can send me a PM. I'd just donate more, but I think that this album deserves to be heard.

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The use of delay throughout is a really nice touch, it works particularly well on New Blood

17. Tom

Yes, there is a link to "send as gift" right under where it says "buy digital album".

trevorshmevor and Kmil like this.
  18. Kmil

Trusted

Awesome, thank you, I tried to check myself, but I don't have good internet access at the moment.

t_papaccio likes this.
  19. congruence

Got a light?

They have always reminded me of a better version of Transit since Temple of Plenty came out

waking season likes this.
  20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Okay, well, I guess I'm buying this today.

FTank, astereo and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. congruence

Got a light?

Giving this my first proper listen and it really is so powerful. Seems like a solid combination of the best elements of the last two albums taken to the next level, huge sounding catchy, emotional. Great guitar and synth work, great lyrics. So much good music out in the last couple weeks so I almost want to save this for October when it was supposed to come out but it is just sucking me in

22. Horrorca

Trusted

just purchased it - rip Phil!

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

man every song on this fantastic, only one (!!) I need to come around to more (Untraceable Past)

24. Tom

Lyrically this band has always been on point and this album is no exception.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter